PDA

View Full Version : Forum sections...what is the difference?

Simona
16-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Deary me ...I am getting confused as to the different sections here especially when I have just discovered the 'Question and Information on using the Forum' section...but found good discussions there too

What is the difference between
General chat
Agency chat
Independent CMs chat

The 2 I am sure about are Ofsted and EYFS...any clarification welcome
and which is the section closed to the public? if there is one?

miffy
16-03-2014, 02:54 PM
I don't know Simona but I would guess that general chat is for all things childminding; agency chat iS for discussions on anything to do with agencies and independent childminders chat is for discussions on anything to do with remaining independent.

The area not for the general public I guess is the one entitled members only.

Miffy xx

sarah707
16-03-2014, 02:56 PM
Deary me ...I am getting confused as to the different sections here especially when I have just discovered the 'Question and Information on using the Forum' section...but found good discussions there too

This section is for questions and information about the forum - however, new members often post there as it's the first section they find on the forum app.

Admin move threads out of there when we remember and pop them where they belong.

What is the difference between
General chat

This section is for general childminding chat - again, admin often move threads to other areas if they have time and they need moving - but everyone needs somewhere they can plonk something quickly.

This section is open to anyone.

Agency chat

This section is for discussion about childminder agencies.

The Forum is here to support all childminders - independent childminders and agency childminders.

admin felt that agency childminders might like somewhere to call their own.

It is open to anyone.

Independent CMs chat

This section is for independent childminders (not agency childminders) to share information and good practice.

The Forum is here to support all childminders - independent childminders and agency childminders.

admin felt that independent childminders might like somewhere to call their own. An independent childminders website was also created - Independent Childminders - Supporting each other (http://independentchildminders.co.uk/) and the Facebook group.

It is open to anyone.

The 2 I am sure about are Ofsted and EYFS...any clarification welcome
and which is the section closed to the public? if there is one?

'Just for members' is ... well the name is clear. General chat etc are for anyone. Why not try looking at the forum without logging in - that will tell you what passing strangers can see.

I hope that helps :D