PDA

View Full Version : conditions of funding?

Bluebell
16-03-2014, 11:35 AM
Really quick one please - The requirements imposed by LA's for childminders to be able to offer funding has been removed. If Ofsted say childminder is Good or above then ok to offer funding BUT are there still any requirements that the LA can insist on or ask for as a 'best practice' ?

The level 3 safegaurding used to be a requirement for funding and we were told that no longer applied but now we are been told that as a condition of registration for providing funding it IS a requirement! A colleague has had a really shirty e-mail accusing her of putting children at risk by not doing this course and not abiding by the conditions of registration! She has already done the first half of it - the level 2 just not the top-up bit. She is a very conscientious minder who has done lots of additional courses including Domestic violence and awarenes which highlights very similar issues and was much more in-depth than the level 3 so it's not like she is not aware of issues of doesn't care!

Any advice please?

It's the same old story here of you ask for advice from DO or LA and you get conflicting information, a 'I don't know' or 'I'll check and get back to you'

The person who told her she didn't need to do it is now the person getting shirty at her for not having done it so she doesn't seem to know herself!

Simona
16-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Really quick one please - The requirements imposed by LA's for childminders to be able to offer funding has been removed. If Ofsted say childminder is Good or above then ok to offer funding BUT are there still any requirements that the LA can insist on or ask for as a 'best practice' ?

The level 3 safegaurding used to be a requirement for funding and we were told that no longer applied but now we are been told that as a condition of registration for providing funding it IS a requirement! A colleague has had a really shirty e-mail accusing her of putting children at risk by not doing this course and not abiding by the conditions of registration! She has already done the first half of it - the level 2 just not the top-up bit. She is a very conscientious minder who has done lots of additional courses including Domestic violence and awarenes which highlights very similar issues and was much more in-depth than the level 3 so it's not like she is not aware of issues of doesn't care!

Any advice please?

It's the same old story here of you ask for advice from DO or LA and you get conflicting information, a 'I don't know' or 'I'll check and get back to you'

The person who told her she didn't need to do it is now the person getting shirty at her for not having done it so she doesn't seem to know herself!

The only condition is our grade good or above as you correctly say
LAs are still imposing additional conditions...safeguarding training is statutory so not sure why they need to impose this? they can stress cms are updated before they claim funding or sign the LA Code of practice

Some LAs also insist on Level 3 while DfE has made it very clear this is not required of cms...another issue there altogether
Others insist on being in a network...while these have kind of disappeared

This has been a thorn in our side...what should be a straightforward claim to fund has met with many barriers by LAs...but LAs may have an aim in doing so

I hope 'funding' for CMs is going to be reflected in the revised EYFS

blue bear
16-03-2014, 11:57 AM
She should e mail a copy of e truss letter to this person, it's quite clear on there what the requirements are,

Simona
16-03-2014, 12:18 PM
She should e mail a copy of e truss letter to this person, it's quite clear on there what the requirements are,

Any communication by E Truss has always been sent to the LAs as well...I am sure they bin it and do as they please!

Bluebell
17-03-2014, 09:27 AM
These are my feelings, just complete miscommunication all the time! I've told her to phone the funding office as the information has not come from them it has come from our DO! :panic:

thank you for your replies