PDA

View Full Version : mobile phone policy

little kingdom
16-03-2014, 07:49 AM
So do we have to have a mobile phone policy I bit be being a bit silly here to think but surely our
mobiles have to be near us in case of an emergency I dont use it to take pics of lo
I do use it to take pics of my room my display etc..
plus also im still waiting for ofsted to come im not sure I can be a funded place without a grading
Which i was on hold for 10 mins the other day trying to ring them but why should i yse my phone to keep phoning
Them im in a catch 22 I might not beable to be a funded place without them coming round so need
them to come round I should be getting two after easter if im funded I need them to be comin round but still
dreading it!!!

FussyElmo
16-03-2014, 08:25 AM
You do have to have either a mobile phone policy or a section in your safeguarding policy about the use of mobiles in your house. Do you allow visitors to use them/take photos. what about older children coming with phones/ds's/ipads which can take photographs and be on the internet in minutes.

Im not sure what you mean about using the phone to ofsted Im afraid sometimes it does take a long time to get through. So you either prepare to be on or could you email them.

sarah707
16-03-2014, 03:08 PM
Some advice here :D

Sarah's Blog: Mobile phone and camera policy - childminders (http://knutsfordchildminding.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/mobile-phone-and-camera-policy.html)

AliceK
16-03-2014, 03:12 PM
When I had my inspection the inspector specifically mentioned my mobile phone policy in my safeguarding policy along with children using items such as phones / Nintendo's etc which may have access to internet and also taking pics of each other on anything other than the equipment I give them which stays in my house. Even my own children are not allowed to take any photos on their own equipment of mindees.

xxxx

little kingdom
16-03-2014, 05:51 PM
When I had my inspection the inspector specifically mentioned my mobile phone policy in my safeguarding policy along with children using items such as phones / Nintendo's etc which may have access to internet and also taking pics of each other on anything other than the equipment I give them which stays in my house. Even my own children are not allowed to take any photos on their own equipment of mindees.

xxxx

How do we get around older ones using ipod etc?

AliceK
16-03-2014, 06:40 PM
How do we get around older ones using ipod etc?

I just ban them. No child is allowed anything like that from home, I just tell parents it's part of my safeguarding policy.
xxx