PDA

View Full Version : Daughter as an assistant?

primula
14-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Has anyone registered their teenager (18) as an assistant? just wondering if this might be a good idea, as she could possible do school pick up? any help welcome!

yummyripples
15-03-2014, 07:26 AM
I'm going to as soon as mine turns 18. She regularly babysits mine in their own homes and I have spoken to the parents about this.
The children can't wait.

*daisychain*
15-03-2014, 10:38 AM
I'm just waiting for the ok from ofsted, been quite a few weeks now waiting, then I will put her on a first aid course so she could do the school pick up :)

carol cameron
16-03-2014, 03:40 PM
My daughter has been my registered assistant since she was 16 (she's now 22) and it has worked brilliantly for us. She works on an ad hoc basis and I pay her when I need her. She has done the first aid course and can cover the school run etc if I need to go to an appointment. She is only allowed to cover for 2 hours though in sole charge.

primula
16-03-2014, 03:51 PM
My daughter has been my registered assistant since she was 16 (she's now 22) and it has worked brilliantly for us. She works on an ad hoc basis and I pay her when I need her. She has done the first aid course and can cover the school run etc if I need to go to an appointment. She is only allowed to cover for 2 hours though in sole charge.

Thanks, she will be leaving college in June and she isn't sure what to do, so I thought maybe over the holidays she could help out! Do you just ring Ofsted?