PDA

View Full Version : Children's TV

Blueeyedminder
14-03-2014, 04:04 PM
Oh my days! How I hate cbeebies!! What ever happened to cartoons like scooby doo and Tom & Jerry???

Maza
14-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Oh my word I love CBeebies (within reason) and hate Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry. I find them pointless, although DD, 5, has recently discovered them and loves them. I find most things on CBeebies very educational. A couple of programmes get on my nerves but I find most things quite endearing!

Blueeyedminder
14-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Oh my word I love CBeebies (within reason) and hate Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry. I find them pointless, although DD, 5, has recently discovered them and loves them. I find most things on CBeebies very educational. A couple of programmes get on my nerves but I find most things quite endearing!

That's what I hate.. Education education education!

tess1981
14-03-2014, 05:01 PM
That's what I hate.. Education education education!

Funny I was thinking this today as well.... sometimes kids need a good laugh

clareelizabeth1
14-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Oh my days! How I hate cbeebies!! What ever happened to cartoons like scooby doo and Tom & Jerry???

Cbbc have scooby doo but last time I caught it it was odd as they kept going on about how their dad never noticed them and nothing was good enough. By the end I was thinking. God just stop wingeing and catch the bad guy already.

loocyloo
14-03-2014, 05:22 PM
I love scoobydoo! We have the originals on dvd and everyone loves them. I like that the baddie is always caught and everything turns out good in the end.
We've also got wacky races on dvd and mindees love that too.

We've started watching them in other languages! Just choosing from whatever you can choose from the dvd! It's quite funny but we know the stories so good fun. Hopefully some thing is going in!

We don't watch much cbbc ... like Blue Peter and there was a good puzzle solving game programme thing on the other day. ( I used to love raven )
Don't watch much Cbeebies either but like old jacks boat.

cathtee
14-03-2014, 06:36 PM
would rather have cbeebies than pepper pig, bring back watch with mother used to love the wooden tops and andy pandy (oops showing my age now):laughing:

Mrs Scrubbit
14-03-2014, 06:52 PM
would rather have cbeebies than pepper pig, bring back watch with mother used to love the wooden tops and andy pandy (oops showing my age now):laughing:

I with you on all of the above especially Watch with Mother and The Wooden Tops ( hence my user name!)......bring back the 'good old days' of black and white tv:laughing::laughing: xx

karen m
14-03-2014, 06:58 PM
I have only had tv on 3 times in 7 years of minding and that was for a 11 year as she was only mindee on those days she brought her own DVD , just my personal preference we have many activities during the day or we all sit on sofa while I read

Blueeyedminder
14-03-2014, 07:30 PM
Don't know how I'd cope without tv :O

Aimee McMillan
14-03-2014, 07:51 PM
I watch a variety of kids programmes, from CBBC it is The Story of Tracy Beaker and The Dumping Ground and main ones from CITV, My Parents are Aliens and Horrid Henry lol.

mrstom
14-03-2014, 07:52 PM
I adore cbeebies and I am mourning the fact my own children (aged 5 and 6) are slowly turning towards Channel 5 in the mornings.

PS I have a slight crush on Justin Fletcher (but only when he does Lord Tumble!)

AdeleMarie88
14-03-2014, 08:00 PM
I rarely have it on, but I switched it on in the week and a great programme was on called Melody, it's about a girl, called melody, (surprisingly) and her mom is a musician and they. Listen to different classical pieces of music and have little animations showing, very similar to Fantasia, don't know if anyone has seen that before? I really enjoyed it, and didn't feel like a waste of 15, just good down time xx

Glitter
14-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Thankfully my own children are to old to watch Cbeebies.
I don't usually watch television with the children, but I do like to watch Young Dracula and Sorry I've got no head.

clareelizabeth1
14-03-2014, 10:10 PM
I rarely have it on, but I switched it on in the week and a great programme was on called Melody, it's about a girl, called melody, (surprisingly) and her mom is a musician and they. Listen to different classical pieces of music and have little animations showing, very similar to Fantasia, don't know if anyone has seen that before? I really enjoyed it, and didn't feel like a waste of 15, just good down time xx

I've caught that program too. I quite liked it and even got some of the music I've heard played on it to play to the children as we all like a dance and it's really lovely music.

watford wizz
15-03-2014, 03:45 AM
Don't have T V but love children's radio x

Maza
15-03-2014, 07:30 AM
I love scoobydoo! We have the originals on dvd and everyone loves them. I like that the baddie is always caught and everything turns out good in the end.
We've also got wacky races on dvd and mindees love that too.

We've started watching them in other languages! Just choosing from whatever you can choose from the dvd! It's quite funny but we know the stories so good fun. Hopefully some thing is going in!

We don't watch much cbbc ... like Blue Peter and there was a good puzzle solving game programme thing on the other day. ( I used to love raven )
Don't watch much Cbeebies either but like old jacks boat.

Watched Old Jack's Boat for the first time last night and no, I didn't like that one! I found the adults really irritating.
I love Same Smile, Mr Tumble, I Can Cook, Number Jacks, Andy's Dinosaur Adventures, Dinopaws and probably a few others. I HATE 'Me Too' (Granny Murray). Mindee loves Fireman Sam and Postman Pat.

I used to love Play School and Let's Pretend and Button Moon.

Maza
15-03-2014, 07:31 AM
Funny I was thinking this today as well.... sometimes kids need a good laugh

I was talking about me - I've learnt a lot from watching CBeebies! :laughing:

Mouse
15-03-2014, 07:57 AM
My own children are older so I rarely watch children's tv. I did watch Peppa Pig recently and couldn't believe what a whinging, spoilt brat she was. Not a good role model at all with her 'I want, I want, I want' and 'that's not fair' attitude :laughing:

k-tots
15-03-2014, 07:59 AM

My ds and mindee love this and talk to me about what the see x

gef918
15-03-2014, 09:50 AM
I haven't watched CBeebies for years, although when I did, I loved the Numberjacks - my children and their cousins used to pretend to be the numberjacks and solve number problems.

I record a couple of programmes for the mindees, based on what they like to watch at home. At the moment these are Peppa Pig and Thomas. By only watching a recording I find that when it finishes I don't get children wanting to watch the next programme too - limits their tv time to about 10 mins a day :) Just enough time for me to clear away lunch and prepare an activity.

Jayse74
15-03-2014, 04:13 PM
I haven't watched CBeebies for years, although when I did, I loved the Numberjacks - my children and their cousins used to pretend to be the numberjacks and solve number problems.

I record a couple of programmes for the mindees, based on what they like to watch at home. At the moment these are Peppa Pig and Thomas. By only watching a recording I find that when it finishes I don't get children wanting to watch the next programme too - limits their tv time to about 10 mins a day :) Just enough time for me to clear away lunch and prepare an activity.

Brilliant idea that!

Last year we had two EY's who loved Mr Maker and Get Well Soon. Both were great as Mr Maker encouraged them to get stuck into craft type activities and also encouraged the parents to join in. Get Well Soon had some good music/songs.

AdeleMarie88
15-03-2014, 05:44 PM
My ds and mindee love this and talk to me about what the see x

I must find out when it's on, and as another clever poster has said, record it! I like the idea of children listening to a piece of music and watching visual representations of how that music makes us feel! As my other half is a musician, I'm quite music/art orientated :).

ja-lula-belli
16-03-2014, 05:28 AM
All of those shows are on boomeramg my son loves them

. Lol x