PDA

View Full Version : how long

tess1981
14-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Have a 12 month old 2 days a week. Today he is crying from he arrived. He has been fed changed played with slept but still cries non stop. Only here a few weeks thought he had settled last week. Other children in setting are missing out because I keep trying to settle baby we can get nothing done.
Trying to let him cry for a few mins before I tend to him but not working :( feel so bad for now stopping the crying right away but feel really bad the other kids are being left to more or less entertain themselves

KatieFS
14-03-2014, 12:50 PM
This is very difficult when you have others there. Could it be teeth? If it is would you feel happy giving calpol. i know some wouldnt but i think if you have parents permission, the child is in pain...and you know its teeth, give it a try.

It's a shame he seemed to have settled now your back to settling again.
I assume you've spoken to mum. How would they settle him at home?
Still quite early days, but depends how much you can manage! Try to give it longer... Some children take a while to settle in

tess1981
14-03-2014, 01:05 PM
I have all parents permission for capol :) he was bad with his teeth last week mum never mentioned them this week.
He is the youngest of 7 so plenty brothers and sisters to fuss over him all day carried a lot ( friend if the family )
He seems to settle in my kitchen I assume it's the oven microwave dishwasher washing machine noises he loves sitting quiet now for the first as I feed him lunch in the kitchen...
Not giving up on stubborn like that lol thanks :)

KatieFS
14-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Good for you! Yes some children like those noises. Hope lo improves xx

tess1981
14-03-2014, 02:30 PM
So far not a peep from him but we have not left the kitchen lol have the other kids at the table doing colour in activities and puzzles

gef918
15-03-2014, 10:12 AM
I have all parents permission for capol :) he was bad with his teeth last week mum never mentioned them this week.
He is the youngest of 7 so plenty brothers and sisters to fuss over him all day carried a lot ( friend if the family )
He seems to settle in my kitchen I assume it's the oven microwave dishwasher washing machine noises he loves sitting quiet now for the first as I feed him lunch in the kitchen...
Not giving up on stubborn like that lol thanks :)

I was told on a course last year that we couldn't have generic permissions for administering medicine any more. Each instance has to be pre-arranged with parents with a specific reason for why you are administering medicine, e.g. teething, temperature, etc. It's a pain, because the following week after the course I had a child fall ill and parent was over an hour away. Would have loved to give him some calpol while we waited :(

tess1981
15-03-2014, 05:12 PM
I was told on a course last year that we couldn't have generic permissions for administering medicine any more. Each instance has to be pre-arranged with parents with a specific reason for why you are administering medicine, e.g. teething, temperature, etc. It's a pain, because the following week after the course I had a child fall ill and parent was over an hour away. Would have loved to give him some calpol while we waited :(

Im a cm in northern ireland our regulations seem to differ. If a child is teething and I think they need it for example I send parent a text saying I'm giving capol and why

miffy
15-03-2014, 06:46 PM
So far not a peep from him but we have not left the kitchen lol have the other kids at the table doing colour in activities and puzzles

Looks like you might have to spend more time in the kitchen for a bit until he settles better :)

Miffy xx

AdeleMarie88
15-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Children are funny little things aren't they?! Hahah you may be kitchen bound for a few weeks! At least you have cottoned on to something that will soothe them, that's the first, and biggest hurdle! Xx