PDA

View Full Version : going around in circles

jashol
13-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Am sick to death of not getting a straight answer .... and been referred to eyfs when even that doesn't clearly set anything in stone ...

Overnight care is my struggle to find any thing ...if children need own rooms or can they share ? Do I need to tell ofsted am caring for overnight care? If parents dont mind the children sharing with my own does this need written out clearly stating the sleeping arrangements and signed by all ...arggg one day their will be a yes and no clear rule book

moggy
13-03-2014, 07:10 PM
As it is not specified in EYFS then everything you suggested is fine- RA everything, agree with parents and go for it.

Yes, children can share- in nurseries they share a room for naps all the time. In CM homes children share for naps all the time. It is fine.Over night is just a sleep like any nap. You need to RA any issues to do with the ages/stages of the children and who is sharing a room with who.
Ofsted do not need to be informed. No where does it say they need to be informed so it is fine.
How you and parents agree arrangements is up to you. You might want to write yourself a policy to say what you feel is important and what you are striving for in your setting, about your RA etc, how they have separate beds/cots and clean bedding each etc. About checking in the night, baby monitors etc, about bed rails and stair gates in case of anyone getting up in the night, etc.
No one is going to tell you how to do it. You need to work out how you want to do it and agree it with parents.

Vikki5531
13-03-2014, 07:23 PM
Hi, unless you are registered to provide overnight care, I'm pretty sure you have to inform Ofsted as it's a change of hours x

moggy
13-03-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi, unless you are registered to provide overnight care, I'm pretty sure you have to inform Ofsted as it's a change of hours x

But when the Ofsted certificates were changed, the notes on the certificates about over night care were removed and you just had to follow EYFS, which does not specify any rules about over night care.

Vikki5531
13-03-2014, 07:38 PM
3.76 All registered early years providers must notify Ofsted of:

* any proposal to change the hours during which childcare is provided; or to provide overnight care

That's what I was reading from xx

moggy
13-03-2014, 07:39 PM
But when the Ofsted certificates were changed, the notes on the certificates about over night care were removed and you just had to follow EYFS, which does not specify any rules about over night care.

A-ha, found some good info for you:

https://www.childcare.co.uk/information/overnight-care-childminders

So, sorry for my previous reply, you do need to tell Ofsted if you are not registered for overnight (but if it is not written on certificates how do you know if you are?!)
If Ofsted are not helping you I'd just inform them in writing, with your RA and full explanation and then at least you can prove you have informed them.
Clear as mud... as usual!

shortstuff
13-03-2014, 07:39 PM
I had my pre reg 18? Months ago and was asked whether I would be providing overnight care. It might not appear on your certificate but they keep it on file there. I would say yes inform them.