PDA

View Full Version : Pick and drop?

clare83
12-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Hi everyone, I have just had an enquiry for collection from nursery and drop at home, 10 mins walk. I have an ey child who finishes just before this time so would fit in well. Has anyone done this? How would I sit with the eyfs? What would you charge for this?

Many thanks xx

Mouse
12-03-2014, 08:55 PM
Would you have to go out specifically to collect this child? How long would your total journey be, from leaving your house to getting back home again?

What would you do if another EYs child came along and this one prevented you from taking them on?

Personally it's not something I would do. I'd be thinking about the days when the weather was bad and I'd be having to drag myself & possibly other children out just to collect another child & drop them home. As an idea of what to charge, I charge a minimum of £10 for any work I do. It would have to be worth my while going out.

tigwig
12-03-2014, 09:45 PM
I have done this before with a 2 min car journey and dropped lo off from a nursery I was already picking up from. The child lived near me and on my way home so it was no problem. I charged £5 per day (only picked him up)

clare83
13-03-2014, 06:17 AM
The child does live near to me and would be collecting my daughter from the same nursery. Only real change would be I would have to use the car to be to the primary school in time for pick up. What did you with the eyfs side of things? Did parents sign child in and out ect like usual children ? I am thinking along the lines of my fees are £4 ph, she is using up a 2 hours nursery space so I charge her £8. Then if someone comes along I haven't lost out financially. Does seem a lot for what will be less than 5 mins car journey, but I guess I am a professional and she has to pay for me??? What do you think?