PDA

View Full Version : Hanging washing out?

greanan
12-03-2014, 06:57 PM
We've been out and about a lot this week making the most of the weather and finally going able to use the parks.. I've recently moved house and had washing hanging out for the first time. Washing line is in the back garden which the kids will be using - is it okay to have washing hanging out at same time as they're playing outside? Silly question but hadn't actually thought about it till today

Mrsh3103
12-03-2014, 07:00 PM
I usually get them to help me hang the washing on the line :)

sing-low
12-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Just add to RA. How will you make sure children are safe? E.g. Risk from strangulation with washing line, snapping pegs on fingers, poles falling on heads, clothes horse/ whirligig falling etc. I plan to put my washing it soon. As Mrsh says, loads of learning opportunities to help with hanging/sorting/pegging. It's home from home.

yummyripples
12-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Make sure that when you peg your tops out you are careful with vest tops and halternecks. I know of a little un who put their head into a halterneck top (at home not cm) and spun round and round. Thankfully mum got to him x

cathtee
12-03-2014, 08:27 PM
I hang mine out, little ones pass the pegs and we count and choose the colours of the pegs, good for learning, pity they can't help with the ironing :laughing: