PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for ball pool?

butterfly
22-07-2008, 08:27 PM
This week we've had a ball pool blown up in the garden with play balls in it. The kids aged from 7 months to 3 years have absolutely loved it but I was wondering where to go next. What else could I do with it/put in it to make it more exciting?? Any ideas greatly welcomed!

miffy
22-07-2008, 08:33 PM
How about hiding things amongst the balls for the children to find - this could be anything from the letters of their names to toy animals or things beginning with a certain letter.

Have fun

Miffy xx

SimplyLucy
22-07-2008, 08:43 PM
I have a ball pool that was out when the inspector was here yesterday. I had about 6 children sat in it (it's large!) and things were getting a little out of hand.

I got them to sit in a circle round the egde (still in the pool) and put a bucket in the middle. I then asked the children to fill the bucket up with blue/yellow/red balls. etc etc. The inspector was very impressed as was I as the idea just popped into my head to try and calm them down!

Oh and the older children had a great time showing and telling the 22 month old what the colours were.

katickles
22-07-2008, 08:45 PM
We use ours as a paddling pool as well - make sure parents know first as you will need swimwear etc

Rubybubbles
22-07-2008, 08:52 PM
sparkle box do some great print outs for the children to 'find', also I think it's baker ross sell the hook the ducks, you could set it up for them to try and do that, or catch the fish with nets (so kids not in the pool iyswim)

if it's round and shallow and big! maybe use it as a low sand pit

Rubybubbles
22-07-2008, 08:54 PM
We use ours as a paddling pool as well - make sure parents know first as you will need swimwear etc

:thumbsup: or this!! I have loads of swimmer nappies from when my 2 used them and have kept all my old all in one uv suits after one parent sent her dd a bikni one year:eek: she was 2

Annie_T
22-07-2008, 09:22 PM
how bout a game of find the teddy or something else.
would say put water in it but not good idea with balls too