PDA

View Full Version : REALLLLLYYY stuck!

littletreasure
12-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Hi,

I am desperately in need of some help, its my lgs bday Monday and she wants a mindee to come out with us, obviously this is in a friends way not a childminding way on that day.

I want to put together a form for her mum to sign which basically states that i cant be held by the usual terms of childminding eg the eyfs, needing business insurance on the car (we dont use the car for minding so dont have this) and i dont want to be liable in the same way as when childminding (obviously just for that day)
i have searched and searched online for 3 weeks but am running out of time

any help from you lovely experienced ladies is greatfully received! ps/ obviously i am not being paid for that day either

thanks in advance

sarah707
12-03-2014, 07:44 PM
I am sorry but disclaimers like that aren't worth the paper they are written on if something goes wrong. The lines between childminded children and friends are always blurred x

sing-low
12-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Is the main problem the car insurance? Could you ask your insurers how much it would cost to insure it just for the one day?

Emra81
12-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Would you normally have the little girl to mind on a Monday? If no payment has been made for her care and you don't normally have her on that day, doesn't that automatically mean it's nothing to do with childminding? Or am I being naive? x

Mrsh3103
12-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Phone your car insurance company and ask how much it is to but business use on it. It didn't cost me any extra to have it put on mine or my husbands cars!

candy cat
13-03-2014, 10:44 AM
You would be covered under social domestic and pleasure so all passengers are covered...... You don't look after child on mondays so not paid and purely friendship so I can't see an issue. If you think about it ....we wouldn't put business insurance on if just taking friends out in car would we

QualityCare
13-03-2014, 11:29 AM
This is nothing to do with childminding, its the same situation as any other child coming on an outing with you or to play at your house. Your register will show that you have no minded children that day as will your receipt book.