PDA

View Full Version : How to word follow up text to prospective parent

smurfette
12-03-2014, 08:17 AM
So I saw four sets of parents, two were ad hoc and want to go with me, one I didn't feel I gelled with and the fourth were lovely! Hours were perfect too. I need to rearrange current parents to accommodate them (which they have okayed) but if I do that I won't have room for the ad hoc., which is fine but they would like to know can I accommodate them or not.

Haven't yet heard back from the family I liked, they did say they would come back to me
Mid this week so I was gonna leave it Til tonight but if I want to follow it up to ask them their plans could anyone help me
Word it?! Tia!!

QualityCare
12-03-2014, 08:31 AM
Dear x it was great to see you on x and would very much like to care for x, as l have to put plans into place with my existing families l was wondering if you could confirm one way or the other what your plans are. Sorry to hassle you. you could add (but l would hate to disappoint you at the last minute).

smurfette
12-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Thanks for that.,
Would you always follow up or ignore and carry on unless you hear?!

QualityCare
12-03-2014, 04:01 PM
If l was pretty certain they wanted the space and some one else was showing interest and l preferred the first one l would follow it up just to let them know they could lose the space, if l didn't mind either way or had no-one else was interested l wouldn't follow up, l always think it makes me sound desperate which would make the prospective parent wonder why.

smurfette
12-03-2014, 04:03 PM
If l was pretty certain they wanted the space and some one else was showing interest and l preferred the first one l would follow it up just to let them know they could lose the space, if l didn't mind either way or had no-one else was interested l wouldn't follow up, l always think it makes me sound desperate which would make the prospective parent wonder why.

Yeah that's what I am wondering! Maybe I will hang on; hate the waiting!!