PDA

View Full Version : Help please :)

lovemykiddies
12-03-2014, 08:06 AM
Hi all :) in waiting for my certificate to come but I have had a lady ring me about her daughter starting in sep. The little girl is three so would need me to pick her up after nursery at 3pm. Am I right in thinking that I would charge her Half a day because she Is one of my 3 under 5s. It's so confusing I would only be having her till 5 pm. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) x

Kaybeaa
12-03-2014, 09:31 AM
It's entirely up to you how you set your rates out. Personally I do it by the hour but if you didn't think you could get any more children to fill the space when mindee not with you then do it by the half day. It's whatever is more lucrative for you

HTH x

lovemykiddies
16-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Hi kaybaee thankyou for your reply sorry it took so long I seem to get lost round here haha xxx

Koala
16-03-2014, 03:48 PM
I would be careful filling an under five space long term for just a couple of hours a day, double check if it is term time only too!! or whether she needs you full days in the holidays.

I think If I were new and starting out I might consider a term by term contract in this situation other wise you may come to regret filling the space for just a couple of hours or even half day pay which include nursery pickups.

I'm not sure what would fit with you best and your home circumstances i.e. your own children? but if you are committing to nursery pickup for just a couple of hours pay it can become a bit of a thankless chore., particularly if you are taking other little ones along, in the rain, snow, wind and nap times can get disrupted too again thinking about other lo's, just something to think about but if it fits in with you then go for it but I would still be mindful of a long term contract in this situation, it may sound mercenary but this is a business as well as a lifestyle choice. :thumbsup: