PDA

View Full Version : Surprise sicknesz bug

KatieFS
11-03-2014, 08:59 PM
I was poorly Sat and my son Sat night/sun morning. Tummy bug, vomiting nausea - horrible. Ruined my wkend.

I know these things happen and just assumed its a big going round school and expected to go back to school Monday and hear of lots of others in the same horrible situation. Not a peep from anyone.
Where did this bug come from?!?
Cynical me kicks in
Twins turn up Friday bit late Dad says one was 'choking on something then was sick everywhere'. But couldn't find what it wAs..???
Hhhhhmmmmmm no not choking on anything. She had a sickness bug and has happily passed it to me and my son. Thank you!

Am I being cynical - what do you think..?

sing-low
11-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Oh poor you being poorly, not fun at all! Does sound suspicious. Is your sickness policy watertight? It's hard to turn them away if parents say they choked.

Dragonfly
12-03-2014, 07:35 AM
I had a sickness bug in January, but nobody else did. Just one of them things.Would of been a bit suspicious a child choking and was Sick everywhere, em may be a tad sick but not everywhere.:(

Koala
12-03-2014, 07:39 AM
No, you are right to be synical - if we only knew what goes on behind closed doors :D :D

clareelizabeth1
12-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Yep I would be cynical too. Although me and ds had a sickness bug and went over the 48 hours before we saw anyone let alone a mindie. I dettled the whole house before mindie came back. Mindies whole family came down with it this weekend so I think sometimes it's just our time.

KatieFS
12-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Sadly I think it is thus family's expectations. Unless their children are very poorly they are expected to get on with it. They have 6 yo and times when she has been to school, swimming Etc I've felt she ought to be at home, but that's my opinion! They are the parents.

It's not different when they come here. Even with twin babies. theyre 13 m now... The children have def arrived when poorly and if they we're mine they would have stayed home. They would have got better sooner and not been a risk to others, aside from the fact they want and prefer to be home when they're ill! The parents are busy doctor and teacher and haven't to my knowledge got a plan b. very suspicious about what happens at home, before they serve ie calpol them up...

I'm trying to get a meeting with parents and this is on the list. Very frustrating ESP when I feel they have brought illness to my family. Such a shame as love them all and have great relationship with them generally.. And they are my big contract. I would seriously struggle if they left suddenly... So need to keep them on side too.

KatieFS
12-03-2014, 09:56 AM
I should add they were all poorly with same bug at the weekend.