View Full Version : Help for online Ey2 application

11-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Sorry to ask but my new assistants are trying to fill in this online form for Ofsted approval but half way through it asks if we have applied for DBS disclosure and if not, to go no further on the form. Surely Ofsted do that for us don't they?

11-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Hi, it has changed as of Feb this year. You have to already have your DBS check before you can apply to Ofsted x

11-03-2014, 10:00 AM
O I thought Ofsted did that.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Sorry I prob had a flyer on this ...

11-03-2014, 10:47 AM
The link I followed for myself was http://ofsteddbsapplication.co.uk/

11-03-2014, 01:30 PM

That seems to offer various options
Registering childminders,

Do we click on DBS?

Sorry to be dense...

11-03-2014, 02:09 PM
If you phone or email Ofsted they will explain how you apply for the DBS. They will give you the pass words to use on the website as well. I think that if you fill in and send off the EY2 they will automatically send you the details you need to apply for the DBS.

It is not difficult but you will have to send copies of or scanned copies of all documentation that is used to support the DBS so passport, driving licence, birth cert etc. You also have to pay £55 per disclosure. The one I did just before Christmas cam back about two weeks after in mid January.

11-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Having had a closer look at this it seems we need a Capita organisation reference to log in
It says not to contact Capita about this but refers us to our manual.
Can anyone kindly advise how I get this?

11-03-2014, 02:18 PM
The guidance I followed for myself was:

Visit the website http://ofstedapplication.co.uk/

Read the guidance in step 1, then proceed to step 2. At step 2 when you are ready to proceed further, you need to click the link 'complete the online form'. A box will appear 'start new application' and you will see an 'organisation reference box', you need to enter ofstedp in this field (all lower case), leave the password blank.

However, for those applying to be associated to a provision that is already registered, you would enter ofsteda instead of ofstedp

As I say, I did this for myself and not an assistant, so it might be worth you checking with Ofsted just to be safe :)

11-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Thanks Ricky I'll do that

11-03-2014, 04:36 PM

We also need to go to dbsapplication.co.uk and register. Found this out after 50 mins on the Ofsted help line !!