PDA

View Full Version : Is tonsillitis excludable or have an exclusion period?

Keeley77
10-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Hi Ive tried to check on my LA health info book but can't find any info regarding exclusion period for tonsillitis?

My LO has it and is feeling better with penicillin but one of my minded ones mums doesn't want to bring her daughter tomoz because of my LO having it?

Obviously I wont be charging her for today as I didn't take any minded ones as I wanted to look after my LO, but as she is feeling better now and I couldn't see any exclusion periods so i thought it would be fine for minded ones to come tomoz?

I know she will expect to have no fee for the day but unless I can find a definate exclusion period I don't see why she shouldnt pay half (child holiday) as its her choice not to come.

shortstuff
10-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Ive never seen an exclusion for it either. My ds gets it regularly and I havent closed for it yet. He doesn't get sent home from school either which they would do if they could.

Rick
10-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Hi Ive tried to check on my LA health info book but can't find any info regarding exclusion period for tonsillitis?

My LO has it and is feeling better with penicillin but one of my minded ones mums doesn't want to bring her daughter tomoz because of my LO having it?

Obviously I wont be charging her for today as I didn't take any minded ones as I wanted to look after my LO, but as she is feeling better now and I couldn't see any exclusion periods so i thought it would be fine for minded ones to come tomoz?

I know she will expect to have no fee for the day but unless I can find a definate exclusion period I don't see why she shouldnt pay half (child holiday) as its her choice not to come.

It says on the HPA guidance there is no recommended period to be kept away from childminders

muffins
10-03-2014, 09:38 PM
You should be able to find it on here
HPA - Guidance on Infection Control in Schools and other Child Care Settings (http://www.hpa.org.uk/web/HPAweb&HPAwebStandard/HPAweb_C/1203496946639)

playdayz
10-03-2014, 11:19 PM
I have excluded for it but only due to child being put on antibiotics I have 3 days exclusion even if child has taken the antibiotic before incase of reaction x

Dragonfly
11-03-2014, 08:07 PM
No exclusion for conjuntivitis either!