PDA

View Full Version : Childminding on CV

maisiemog
10-03-2014, 02:23 PM
How do I describe it in as few words as possible without missing out something about just how diverse and complex our role can be.

I'm writing my CV now. The three jobs I have in mind are a Teaching assistant, youth support worker and health care assistant.

I'm also considering applying to do my PGCE as well and have no idea what to put. I hate writing a CV.

hectors house
10-03-2014, 10:18 PM
I would put something about following the same regulations as Nurseries eg: EYFS, list the courses and qualifications you have eg: first aid, safeguarding, food hygiene, put down that as you are self employed you have had to organise all your own training, insurances, policies - keep accurate accounts (shows you are numerate). All the different people you work with right from the children, parents, grandparents to Health visitors, Childrens Centre staff -shows you can communicate with every age.

maisiemog
12-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Thanks!

Think I've got a good CV now although since being given notice I have had a few enquires so fingers crossed I may not have to quit after all! Still going to apply though as I'm crap at interviews and could use the practise!

sarah707
12-03-2014, 07:39 PM
What is a Childminder? - Childcare.co.uk (http://www.childcare.co.uk/information/what-is-a-childminder)

You might be able to find some useful wording here :D