PDA

View Full Version : PLI

gef918
10-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Next week, I will be taking a mindee to school, however, I am worried about the dropping off policy. Currently, you wait in the playground with your child until the bell rings and then they make their way down a narrow alley to an entrance at the side of the school. You are not allowed to walk to the entrance with them and I cannot see the entrance from the playground. A teacher stands at the end of the alley, so that they cannot get to the back gate of the school, but they would not be able to see the entrance either.

I have spoken to the school about who has responsibility for the child from the moment they leave my care until they are safely inside the school and the school has told me verbally that the child would be covered by their insurance. I have asked for this in writing, but haven't received it yet.

I am going to contact my PLI company and explain the situation. I'm not very happy about not handing the child over to a responsible adult, although the parent is fine with it - her current childminder does this. The school have never been asked about their PLI before, so I guess that all childminders at the school are happy with it too. Am I worrying too much about this? I just keep thinking, 'What if...?'

sarah707
10-03-2014, 05:48 PM
I don't think you are worrying too much! I think you are absolutely right to ask for clarification in writing - if something goes wrong it's you who would suffer if your insurance refused to pay out :(

jackie 7
10-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Now you have brought if to the x hooks attention I hope they risk assess if.