PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day!

covgalxxx
10-03-2014, 07:55 AM
I slept fine, and I am normally the worse if I know I have to get up early or I worry...so I guess I will find out if all my hard work pays out in a few hours time

Vikki5531
10-03-2014, 08:18 AM
Good luck! Let us know how it went x

loocyloo
10-03-2014, 08:41 AM
good luck xxx

covgalxxx
10-03-2014, 09:17 AM
My DP is moaning I know he works late not home till 4am but his own fault when he stays up till 6am, and I making him take dd to his dads, its one day, he moans we have no money but won't support me to get a job I love, and he coming back here to go to sleep, but his mum said she make him up his bed, which would make it easier on me, but no, sorry I'm nervous and now he has ticked me off..

gef918
10-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Try to relax.

And good luck!

*daisychain*
10-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Good luck :)

covgalxxx
10-03-2014, 12:54 PM
I did it, I did it, she was very pleased to recommend me, with my understanding on safeguarding , behaviour management she through I was a suitable person.....

She was a little late was suppose to be 9:30 but came at 9:40, till 12 noon, she showed me her badge, and I invited her in to the kitchen on to the table, she wanted to see my id first that I showed for my dbs, then my dp came back, so before he went to bed, I showed her around, upstairs I need to move my dd lamp in the bedroom I'm using for sleeping, and my banister in hall way is 70s with gaps between panels so need to cover them she said even if I just put cardboard in between, it should be fine (any other suggesting)
I knew I needed safety glass on doors in living room but cause the glass is bumpy she doesn't thing I can put it on, but some wood panels she said would be fine only have to do bottom half, after I showed her all the risks, she then finished ids then went to ask me questions. I never looked my booklet, only for the 7 areas of learning what to do with a 4 year old and 1 year old, which she was very happy with , tip don't over think that question, all the questions she asked I showed in polices and ra, and she covered behaviour a lot which I used my son as an example he is 18 now, but when he was younger he was hard work,but more so as I was looking after his disabled sister then again with the safeguarding, I used my disabled daughter, as she was fully disabled I have had SS knock my door, saying things, it got cleared up but of course I hated school and respite thinking I hurt my child. As single mum it was very hard to deal with, but now doing the safeguarding course and reading up on it, I see why from a different point a few, the 7 areas was ok she could see I understood it and I kept using my baby as a a example, my Lj was to much she told me I should thin it down YES... She said If don't hear from ofsted by next Monday I should call them, she said she would recommend me and , if everything goes ok should get my certificate, if not ofsted will ring if there not enough info or get the Inspector to call,over all it was easy, I got lots of info from her need to download a trackers sheet, she was up on that, xx

Vikki5531
10-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Congratulations! I'm really pleased for you! Thank you so much for the feedback, I'm just waiting for my DBS back so I can apply to Ofsted x

covgalxxx
10-03-2014, 01:32 PM
I have been panicking for ages cause I started all this ages ago, pregnancy got in the way then money for DBS , as put my forms in ( did it online) before the deadline where ofsted stopped paying for DBS , then months later got a message saying we are still waiting for your DBS , so that ticked me off, then I couldn't find £150 then my son moved out and managed to find the £100, hard on 1wage, so took longer I could of been a childminder in sept last year, so I have been waiting for ages...

hectors house
10-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Congratulations that must be a big weight off your mind and thank you for sharing your feedback - your inspector actually sounded quite human, maybe it's a new breed!

shortstuff
10-03-2014, 01:50 PM
congratulations x

misskft
10-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Well done now the fun begins!

loocyloo
10-03-2014, 06:37 PM
well done you. xxx

Mrs Scrubbit
10-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Well done:clapping: xx