PDA

View Full Version : Do you....

Georgiepoo
09-03-2014, 09:38 PM
It's. I'm new to all this and just compiling contract and putting together my consent forms before Ofsted. I wanted to know do any of you take children out and about say into town, to tesco, to visit friends with other children? Day to day things that you would do with your own child???

moggy
09-03-2014, 09:47 PM
Yes, we do all that. Depends on the children though and what they are happy doing. All has to be risk assessed and get prior permission from parents for outings. I tell parents these are the kind of things we do. There is lots of learning to do out at the shops and socializing with friends and their children. Parents choose a CM because they want 'home-from-home' so they are usually happy for their children to be doing normal home-type things. Whether you'd be wanting to take 3 toddlers to Tesco's, though, is another thing...!

tulip0803
09-03-2014, 09:48 PM
I take children into town sometimes, Tesco sometimes - they are good learning experiences. I don't do it every week though.

I don't take children to visit friends at their houses - I meet up with other parents and children/childminders at local groups.

I take children to the library/ library van to choose books, we go to the park, we go to the beach, we go for walks in the woods, we go to the museums, we go to castles

Don't forget that you need to follow EYFS and providing an early education for children so you need to be able to show that the activities you do are for the benefit of the children. You need to risk assess your outings as to ensure that places you take children you are able to keep them safe.

tess1981
10-03-2014, 07:51 AM
I take children into town as well. We go to yes content as I feel children need the normality of a home environment. We . could you things into the trolley colours etc so they are learning.
My sister own a hair dressers so we pop on there for a chat the children interact with other adults and on occasions woth other children here.
Children need to know how to behave In situations when out and about. Of course we also do the park as well.
I do visit friends and family too mostly because they have children and my mom feed play with them. I tell parents why we do this and they are all happy with it.

tess1981
10-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Ah Monday morning we do not go to yes it was meant to be tesco...and meant we count things Into the trolley
And meant the mindees play with other children not mom feed or what ever predictive text said

Georgiepoo
10-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Thank you for the feed back. The reason I decided to childmind is coz I love kids and so I could stay at home with my son and do day to day things as well. Of course I will be doin activities with the children and playing but want to get on with day to day life to as I do with my own son.

As you said Tesco is a great place for children to learn and develop, my son names most things we put in the trolly and counts items in too and he is 18 months. And being out and about allows them to interact and to learn how to behave in different environments.

Thanks again x