PDA

View Full Version : Best double buggy

redtiger21
08-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Hi all, I'm looking to replace my double buggy- at the mo I have an old Mothercare Phoenix tandem that's hard on my back and doesn't take corners well- in people's opinion, what is the best double buggy, in terms of being light to push and turn? I'd prefer not to have a side-by-side. Thanks x

Dragonfly
08-03-2014, 04:56 PM
nipper 360 by out n about brilliant :thumbsup:

*daisychain*
08-03-2014, 05:06 PM
I will second that. Nipper is by far the best :)

lisbet
08-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Nipper 360: Effortless to push, even one handed :)

SJ35
08-03-2014, 05:22 PM
Definitely the double nipper :) soooooo easy to push x

redtiger21
08-03-2014, 10:02 PM
Isn't the nipper a side by side though?

lisbet
08-03-2014, 11:10 PM
Isn't the nipper a side by side though?

Oops, sorry. :o Just saw the 'double buggy' title and didn't spot that you said in your post you were looking to replace a tandem x

redtiger21
08-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Hehe that's fine :) A lot of people have recommended phil and teds so I'm looking into that now x

lisbet
09-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Hehe that's fine :) A lot of people have recommended phil and teds so I'm looking into that now x

I think that's what I would go for if I had a tandem - probably the Dot. I'd also want to find out more about the Hauck Freerider and Graco Trekko from seeing them in the playground.

Have you seen the site Best Buggy | Searching for the perfect pushchair. | Best Buggy (http://www.bestbuggy.co.uk?) They have a lot of pictures and info to help you make your desicion. :)

redtiger21
09-03-2014, 12:40 AM
I haven't, but thanks I'll check it out :)

vickylou
09-03-2014, 10:16 AM
I bought a phil and teds navigator last summer. I have to admit I was very sceptical about the double seat. Enough room? Child can't see? Etc. But of a fiddle getting lo in underneath before she figured out how to arrange herself!! But it's fab she loves the bottom seat. Can see as much out the sides as my grace stadium. And it's a dream to push!! Bought the pannier bags which hold more than the basket so no loss of space. I'm using it as a single at the moment and it's amazing to push, do much that my stroller is such hard work now. It doesn't rake up much space in my hall! My only bugbear is the recline system, but that's it. Even my friend who has always said she hates them loves it and says it's so easy to push with 2 kids! I have a baby jogger city as well but it's very wide and won't fit on any bus. But it's a work horse and comes with its own buggy board. So not getting rid.