PDA

View Full Version : Moving house

Karen1
08-03-2014, 03:21 PM
Hi

We may be moving soon. Do I need to let ofsted know my plans, can I continue to work or will they need to rein spect before I can restart.

I am planning to take a week off to move and just carry on, can I do this as long as I risk assess new property, tell ofsted new address?

playdayz
08-03-2014, 09:58 PM
I moved house all I had to do was call ofsted with my moving in date an they sent new registration certificate out that day they said I could mind even if certificate hadn't arrived as it was on the system, an that I just need to risk asses the new house, no one came out to see new house it was really easy, soerted in a few calls one to ofsted, insurance ect , good luck with your move x

Karen1
09-03-2014, 06:57 AM
Ah, thank you.
Put an offer in yesterday!!!!!

nikki thomson
09-03-2014, 10:43 PM
I moved house all I had to do was call ofsted with my moving in date an they sent new registration certificate out that day they said I could mind even if certificate hadn't arrived as it was on the system, an that I just need to risk asses the new house, no one came out to see new house it was really easy, soerted in a few calls one to ofsted, insurance ect , good luck with your move x

That's very interesting because when I moved house back in oct ofsted said I couldn't mind until my certificate had arrived so if I'd had children that week, the week I moved then I'd have to make alternative arrangements.
As it happened I'd taken the week off work and tbh I didn't realise you actually had to have the certificate in your hand but there you go, as usuall they offer conflicting information. X

SJ35
09-03-2014, 10:59 PM
We moved in September last year and they told me that I couldn't mind until I had the actual certificate in my hand. I only too the sat sun and Monday off and thankfully it arrived on the Monday ready for me to start back on the Tuesday.
X

Simona
10-03-2014, 08:57 AM
Hi

We may be moving soon. Do I need to let ofsted know my plans, can I continue to work or will they need to rein spect before I can restart.

I am planning to take a week off to move and just carry on, can I do this as long as I risk assess new property, tell ofsted new address?

Best advice is to ring Ofsted and tell them you intend to move...let them advice you
Despite all the guidance in the world I would not trust Ofsted not to have changed it last minute and expecting something else

Ring them and make sure you take the name of the person you speak to for 'future reference.....good luck

Karen1
10-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Ah, knew it wouldn't be so straight forward!!!! Thank you all. Will see if our offer is accepted first and dates to move.
Thanks again

playdayz
10-03-2014, 11:29 PM
That's very interesting because when I moved house back in oct ofsted said I couldn't mind until my certificate had arrived so if I'd had children that week, the week I moved then I'd have to make alternative arrangements.
As it happened I'd taken the week off work and tbh I didn't realise you actually had to have the certificate in your hand but there you go, as usuall they offer conflicting information. X

Yes when I called four weeks before I moved ofsted said that if they was to send new certificate out right away my old one would be no good, an that they can only send it on the day I moved in to new house I said it would course problems for parents as I wouldn't beable to mind, they said ya can as its on the system that certificate is on its way only took two days after I moved in anyway.

Karen1
11-03-2014, 06:26 AM
Thank you playdayz. I plan to take week off so should be ok.