PDA

View Full Version : Need a new outdoor play surface!

tigwig
08-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Has anyone had the artificial grass, wetpour or similar outdoor play mats in their garden? I have a very small lawned area at the moment but its muddy uneven and I hate it! Have looked at loads of images of the bright coloured surfaces you see in nurseries etc but wondered if any other childminders have this? Or if anyone has any alternative ideas that would be great also!

Simona
08-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Has anyone had the artificial grass, wetpour or similar outdoor play mats in their garden? I have a very small lawned area at the moment but its muddy uneven and I hate it! Have looked at loads of images of the bright coloured surfaces you see in nurseries etc but wondered if any other childminders have this? Or if anyone has any alternative ideas that would be great also!

It depends on whether you want to do as nurseries do or keep your garden as it is but address the uneven bits and muddy issues
For some mud is a fantastic opportunity for play...even though very messy
It is your garden and I assume you will want your family to enjoy it too
Let us know what you decide

Personally I hate the artificial surfaces and love real grass...I am sure others will give you suggestions

MAWI
08-03-2014, 10:35 AM

I've started decking mine for the same reason

There are so many good products out there now

tigwig
08-03-2014, 10:52 PM
I already have nearly half the garden decked. I looked at some artificial grass today and was quite impressed. I would much prefer the wet pour stuff but it was far too expensive. £2500 to be precise and my garden is small!! The grass is going to be approx £1200 and it will benefit my children too.
So looks like I have made the decision but if there was any chance of funding I would have the typical nursery/playground type surface without doubt. I think it looks ace and my tots would love it as would my own!