PDA

View Full Version : How do I work out my childcare pedagogy?

sing-low
07-03-2014, 09:15 PM
I did a course last Saturday :little angel: - my LAs version of Every Child a Talker. Great course and loads of freebies too! One of which was a book by Elizabeth Jarman on Communication Friendly Spaces for Childminders. In the introduction she talked about how it was important that any changes you made should reflect your pedagogy which got me thinking - what is my pedagogy, exactly? It's probably a bit of a mishmash. Definite Montessori influences but I don't know enough about the theory to know where my thinking has come from (although I'm fairly clear on what I think and how I do things). Any ideas? What sort of questions should I be asking to define my unique theories on childcare, or doesn't it matter where the theories came from, just what they are?

Simona
07-03-2014, 10:17 PM
I did a course last Saturday :little angel: - my LAs version of Every Child a Talker. Great course and loads of freebies too! One of which was a book by Elizabeth Jarman on Communication Friendly Spaces for Childminders. In the introduction she talked about how it was important that any changes you made should reflect your pedagogy which got me thinking - what is my pedagogy, exactly? It's probably a bit of a mishmash. Definite Montessori influences but I don't know enough about the theory to know where my thinking has come from (although I'm fairly clear on what I think and how I do things). Any ideas? What sort of questions should I be asking to define my unique theories on childcare, or doesn't it matter where the theories came from, just what they are?

Pedagogy=teaching...what is your teaching in respect of what you have learnt from the course

This may help...one of the best researches in pedagogy by none other than Prof Siraj-Blatchford...one of the authors of the EPPE project

http://dera.ioe.ac.uk/4650/1/RR356.pdf

sing-low
08-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Thanks, Simona!