PDA

View Full Version : Children's camera

jadavi
07-03-2014, 03:27 PM
Can anyone recommend a play camera that shows you the last pic it took (or more ) but isn't nec set up for printing off?

Apparently there is a sturdy one out there....
Children take pics and can look at them on the screen.

smurfette
07-03-2014, 03:55 PM
My dd got the vtech kiddie zoom for Christmas it's super sturdy and you can add special effects like moustaches to the pics!

jadavi
07-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Thanks. Yeh the reviews are good of that one.

sarah707
07-03-2014, 08:50 PM
We bought a cheap refurbished one on eBay :D

SYLVIA
08-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Iv got 2 of these off ebay really cheap and the lo's lovely them. We take them on walks with us then dicuss the photos later.

shortstuff
09-03-2014, 04:19 AM
I bought ds the crayola one. The image quality isn't very good if you want to print the pics but if you only want to view it on screen its ok.

smurfette
09-03-2014, 08:32 AM
That's a good point actually I haven't yet printed the vtech pics so don't know what that's like but it seems to be perfect
For getting them used to a
Camera safely

Tealady
09-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Vtec cameras are great. Ours have been dropped many times and have been fine, although they seem to just die after about four years of heavy use.

We bought our first one for dd about 5 years ago. I bought another for the setting a year later. This Christmas I bought the Vtec Kidizoom Touch for DS and a proper first camera for DD. I was surprised to see that the Vtec cameras were still such a low quality picture (only 2 megapixels) when they have so many other features and the most basic proper cameras have a much higher megapixel count.

The pictures are adequate, the children aren't too bothered by.quality and they view OK on the screen.

watford wizz
09-03-2014, 11:00 AM
I bought really cheep normal cameras but got the cover on them and this was a lot cheeper than the "child" cameras only x plus the children seem to take more care of them being proper cameras we haven't needed to claim yet that was 5 years ago x you get a much better printed picture too!

cupcakencookie
10-03-2014, 11:33 AM
We've got a Vtech one too - have had it about 8 years now and it's been dropped, thrown and kicked and still works! To survive my 2 children it must be strong! The biggest downside I have found is the battery life - mine lasts around 15 minutes continuous use with new batteries before they are empty. Not sure if this is a common problem or if I just got a duff one! Probably why it has lasted so long too as it spends most of its life battery-less at the bottom of a toy box!