PDA

View Full Version : Saying Goodbye to my Boggy Garden!

MAWI
07-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Got the builders in today and they have started to deck my garden! Yippee mucho excited. I can actually go out in the garden without wellies! Never had decking before though so not sure how much I will like it not being a 'natural' garden iykwim. Its a smallish Garden and Ive decided to deck the lot with a play house at the bottom. Having second thoughts but I guess its too late now, lol. Going to have to think of ideas for a garden that only has decking. Research needed I think. Have a good weekend everyone :)

cathtee
07-03-2014, 03:05 PM
how exciting, mine is still muddy and need to get rid of some rubbish removing to get mine usable but now the sun is shining it will start to get done.

jadavi
07-03-2014, 03:15 PM
I paved my muddy garden over last week after the hens had eaten every last scrap of grass.

Kids really love the new freedom of riding biles and scooters up and down, rolling tyres, painting and chalking on the ground.

Really great!

munch149
07-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Only warning with decking is it can be slippy when wet x my garden is a mess with all this rain. Need some dry weather so I can sort it

MAWI
07-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Only warning with decking is it can be slippy when wet x my garden is a mess with all this rain. Need some dry weather so I can sort it

Hi

yes thansk. That was my concern too. I have discussed that with the builder and he has made sure that its rough sided/ better grip or something technical- I cant remember what he said, lol.

mama2three
07-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Looking forward to the photos!

my garden is a quagmire - but no spare cash for decking / paving / artificial turf unfortunately. id love to be able to use it for more of the year!!

sarah707
07-03-2014, 08:48 PM
We've just been talking about pretend grass! thinking along the same lines :thumbsup:

blue bear
07-03-2014, 09:49 PM
Mine is just a mud bath doesn't help the children love mixing water and soil so it's just making it worse, oh well the children are happy and the family never use the garden.

MAWI
07-03-2014, 09:57 PM
We've just been talking about pretend grass! thinking along the same lines :thumbsup:

I looked at that last year when we moved into our new house. There are some amazing products. In hindsight I would have gone with the artificial but at the time I was not childminding so a real lawn was the favoured option. That was until the wettest winter set in!

My garden has been unusable for the last four months. I now have a much smaller house with no playroom ( at the moment- working on hubby for conservatory) so I think the outdoor area is really important. Not sure I've made the right decision regards decking yet but I'm thinking it has to be better than boggy lawn.