PDA

View Full Version : People are weird!

smurfette
07-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Just had a mum here on prospective visit she is looking for care from April. Little fella is 8 months and still in a rear facing car seat.. I said to her if he was still in one when he came to me maybe she would leave it with me each day ,
As I only have the next stage up ones. She immediately said 'but no one else will use it right?!' I said no but I felt that baby seats are carefully chosen by parents so it's best if they are in the one they are used to and then when he is in next stage up I can provide one. Is it just me or is that a bit strange?! Wouldn't have occurred to me to even think that especially as I had already said all my other mindees are over two!

Rick
07-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Just had a mum here on prospective visit she is looking for care from April. Little fella is 8 months and still in a rear facing car seat.. I said to her if he was still in one when he came to me maybe she would leave it with me each day ,
As I only have the next stage up ones. She immediately said 'but no one else will use it right?!' I said no but I felt that baby seats are carefully chosen by parents so it's best if they are in the one they are used to and then when he is in next stage up I can provide one. Is it just me or is that a bit strange?! Wouldn't have occurred to me to even think that especially as I had already said all my other mindees are over two!

Even if they were all the same age how could you go out in the car without mindee whose car seat it is! :laughing:

smurfette
07-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Even if they were all the same age how could you go out in the car without mindee whose car seat it is! :laughing:

Exactly! Now you have it! I didn't ask them to provide it and leave it here all the time just to bring it when leaving him and take it home each day lol!!!

MessybutHappy
07-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Probably just an un-thought-through reaction! exactly the daft sort of thing I'd say in a slightly stressful situation!

amylouise867
07-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Yeah they cost a fortune too some of them maybe she is just protective over her things that's all xx