PDA

View Full Version : Screaming 16month old

raeward08
07-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Help please, i have a little man who is 16 months old & has recently started screaming, very ear piercing and is now a behaviour that other children including my 3yr old are picking up! I have tried saying NO in a stern no nonsense voice only to get laughed at. Have spoken to his parents only for them to say 'its a phase', well i've been childminding for 4 years and not had this phase before. His older brother, who is 6 sits in the car at drop off screaming at top of his lungs, so do not want the 'phase' going on that long. Any advice gratefully received.

QualityCare
07-03-2014, 10:18 AM
It is not a phase if his 6yr old brother does it and gets away with it he is copying knowing his mum will not stop him, l certainly would not be driving with mine or anyone elses child screaming. When he screams pick him up not cuddly but not roughly sternly tell him he is not to make that noise and put him somewhere away from everyone else put him down and tell him he can play when he has stopped. If he continues go to him tell him to stop and take him back to play, it will be hard for him at first as he is and will continue to get away with it with mum.

raeward08
07-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Thank you, I've started to do this today so we'll see how it progresses. My son seems to have cottoned on that its not acceptable behaviour thankfully so fingers crossed.