PDA

View Full Version : Online systems

MAWI
06-03-2014, 02:14 PM
A prospective parent visited last night and asked if I used an online system because 2 other childminders she had visited do. Think they liked the idea of online system. My worry is how well does it go down with OFSTED. Do you still have a hard copy Learning journey too?

I have been considering using one since restarting but not that convinced. I've looked at Tapestry and Baby Dayz so far! (not sure I'm allowed to mention them). Does anyone use these systems and which would you recommend.

Thank you

mama2three
06-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Ive started to use orbit , there are a few threads about it.
My parents love it , they can see what lo has been doing when it suits them , and also they can 'add' to the LJ using postcards etc.
I like how much time it is saving me , actually catching up with my paperwork backlog!
I don't like how it prints out as an LJ , so am also doing a few extra bits - the obs are printed out individually from orbit , but Ill also include photogalleries and other paperwork etc in the paper LJ. That's needed anyway really as orbit doesn't cover everything - things like 2 yr check , ecat forms , my LA tracker tool etc.....
Only know 1 cm locally who has been ofsteded whilst using it , and she got outstanding so her particular inspector must have been happy enough!
Oh and its free!

nannabee
25-09-2014, 08:02 AM
I work with another childminder and the system we use would be great if the customer care was any good, but they are so rude and arrogant that we are not going to use them next year. I am now looking at getting our own website sorted so we can do things the way we and parents find easy.

The site we use is cumbersome for parents and for practitioners but if they listened to ideas and were polite we might work with it.

It would be useful to know what others have found works as getting it right for parents and us makes a huge difference.