PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor resources

covgalxxx
06-03-2014, 01:30 PM
I have been telling my DP for months to sort garden out, for my ofsted visit, so he does it now at last min, he has got rid of broken bricks and wood , here are 2 pictures , it's not a garden. But my back gate leads of on a big wildlife walk and a big park with swings and a duck pond and 10 mins away is a beach, so am very lucky in that way, but I know I still got to do water-play or messy play, here is 2 pictures of my garden how can I make it look colourful at least, even if my outcome is bad on my pre-reg visit still want it to look good for my 14 months old just brought a sandpit (one from Argos she is having a great time), she loving it outside...

sarah707
06-03-2014, 02:36 PM
You could make it a project! Write it up as an action plan, saying what you are going to do and your timescale and spend a bit of money on it each month until you've got it as you want it :D

hectors house
06-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Don't look at it as a disaster - it's a blank canvas! Buy or make some raised planters for the empty borders - plan what fruit and veg you can plant - we always do runner beans and do a Jack & the beanstalk topic. Small sand and water table was on clearance in Argos this week - I got one for £15.99. Asda have got colourful windmills at £1 each to add a splash of colour until things are growing and to teach children about wind power, get a bag of smooth gravel from a builders merchants and create a gravel digging area and add some small buckets, spades, toy diggers etc, couple of role play hard hats etc. Buy some chunky chalks and the mindees can draw on the patio - add some paint brushes and buckets for water and they can paint the patio, wash ride on toys etc. :thumbsup:

blue bear
06-03-2014, 06:37 PM
Paint a board with black board paint and add to fence.
Use some old wellingtons or coke bottles mounted on the fence to grow thing. Some tyres from a local garage to roll aroun or fill with soil,pebbles, stones, sand etc, a wheel barrow to transport it around the garden.
Hire a pressure washer and give it a good wash and sweep will make all the difference. Print out some weather pictures, laminate and staple to fence.
Do you have a table or some small baskets you could put natural items in from your visit to the park or beach, shells, pebbles, pine cones etc.
A couple of logs, bricks or upturned plastic toy boxes with a plank across, a pans some spoons and jugs and you have yourself a mud kitchen cheap as chips.

Rick
06-03-2014, 06:49 PM
I made myself a mud kitchen today.....I got inspiration from somewhere! I hope you find it too :D

sing-low
06-03-2014, 08:24 PM
I made myself a mud kitchen today.....I got inspiration from somewhere! I hope you find it too :D

Not for the LOs?!?!

Though TBH I am loving the mud kitchen thing too. I often catch the LOs looking at me with that "What on earth does sing-low think she's doing now? It's cold and wet out here and I have dirt on my hands. Please can we go inside now? Please!"

Rick
06-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Not for the LOs?!?!

Though TBH I am loving the mud kitchen thing too. I often catch the LOs looking at me with that "What on earth does sing-low think she's doing now? It's cold and wet out here and I have dirt on my hands. Please can we go inside now? Please!"

I 'might' let them play with it :laughing:

Shamai
06-03-2014, 09:00 PM
I've got a large concrete area in my garden and I bought these to add some colour but they are also great for the non-walkers to play on outside:

Interlocking EVA Soft Foam Exercise Yoga Gym Floor Mats Play Area Multicoloured | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Interlocking-EVA-Soft-Foam-Exercise-Yoga-Gym-Floor-Mats-Play-Area-Multicoloured-/141169606074?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Exercise_Fitness _Fitness_Accessories_ET&var=&hash=item20de5d3dba)

covgalxxx
06-03-2014, 09:23 PM
You have given me loads of ideas, thanks guys your the best... X

blue bear
06-03-2014, 09:39 PM
Please post a picture when you decide what to do

covgalxxx
06-03-2014, 10:59 PM
I will do, just need the money, living of 1wage at moment, so fingers crossed Mondays outcome is good, look round the house for stuff now, I know from my dd (that passed away she was fully disabled 11 when she left me, ) she has wind chimes lots and I kept them all, nice colourfully ones...

smurfette
06-03-2014, 11:14 PM
I will do, just need the money, living of 1wage at moment, so fingers crossed Mondays outcome is good, look round the house for stuff now, I know from my dd (that passed away she was fully disabled 11 when she left me, ) she has wind chimes lots and I kept them all, nice colourfully ones...

Oh that's a lovely idea to have them in the garden In her memory .. So sorry to hear that, hope all works out well for you Monday

amyp
07-03-2014, 06:44 AM
If it's any help my garden is a million times worse I told my inspector I will get it together in spring and I passed! As long as they can't escape it's fine x

FloraDora
05-04-2014, 02:51 PM
With your inspiration ......I showed it to DH.......
......So we have just finished the outdoor kitchen, DH is making them now for local nursery- but smaller- I wanted a long one to sit a long garden tray on for planting .....just waiting to see what the children do with it - I expect it will evolve.
I have just found some tubs to store stones,gravel.grit,bark,soil,sand,leaves etc...that we will collect on Tuesday from around the garden to put in a matching store cupboard just waiting to be treated.
Daffs will be ready to be picked this week as some are droopy now so we are going to start by making flower soap and perfume.
As I walked home from a centre the other day I passed a house who had cut down a tree and managed to smile sweetly ( with lovely sweet child for extra persuasion) and the owner gave me 4 logs that will make perfect seats.....now to find something to make an outdoor table.......and send a big thankyou card from the children to the kind log stool provider.

Any outdoor kitchen ideas would be welcome please.

covgalxxx
05-04-2014, 03:53 PM
I'm not very green fingered, so if I can't do it myself gonna have 2 pay someone to do it for me, my DP is one of them yeah I do it , 10 months later asking the same question, getting him to take rubbish down the tip was hard enough he waited to the last min...

alwaysright
05-04-2014, 09:29 PM
i would also risk assess it, assuming you havent already, for any trip hazard etc x