PDA

View Full Version : clingy baby starting

yummyripples
06-03-2014, 01:14 PM
As the title says I have a new baby (age about 7 months) starting in a few weeks. Mum said she is very clingy.
What are your thoughts on settling in? I would rather just get thrown in at the deep end but would a gradual settling in be better?
I just think if she is going to be upset anyway we might as well just take the bull by the horns

KatieFS
06-03-2014, 01:40 PM
What do you usually do?

I do 2x sessions, 30 mins - 1 hour each.

yummyripples
06-03-2014, 02:03 PM
I generally do a couple of settling in sessions. Parent comes with child once or twice then drops child off. The last few I have had have just been fine but this mum in quite anxious and wants me to spend as much time as possible.
Another problem is that she is starting just after easter holidays so will be settling in when I am really busy

moggy
06-03-2014, 02:07 PM
I'd be carrying baby in a sling around the house as much as possible if she can't be put down. I won't leave them to scream- too stressful for all. Once she forms a good bond with you and a trusting attachment she may well be OK. Also, plenty of distractions help- being busy might be good if other children will entertain the new baby.

Becci26
06-03-2014, 02:27 PM
I would also suggest a sling, certainly to begin with :)