PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a name?

EmmaReed84
06-03-2014, 10:07 AM
The other day, I had a name, it felt great. I had a text sent to me by mistake from a parent which read "I will be there soon, I have to drop X off at Emma's first" I laughed and messaged her back to tell her. When she collected we had a giggle and I said it was lovely to have a name and not be just "The Childminder" to which she replied "You will never be just 'The Childminder' you will always Emma, X's adult friend" LOL

So, do you have a name? Or are you always/generalluy referred to as 'The Childminder'? Or are you called anything else?

shortstuff
06-03-2014, 10:23 AM
I am proudly known by my name. I have even had one family refer to me as Aunty. Its great and makes me feel appreciated.

Mcgons
06-03-2014, 10:23 AM
I think I am mostly called by my name. An old family used to call me 'The Babysitter'!

Rubybubbles
06-03-2014, 01:51 PM
thats lovely:)

JCrakers
06-03-2014, 02:26 PM
I think I usually have a name. :D

It's usually the children that refer to me as 'childminder' like someone will ask them where they are going and they reply 'Im going with my childminder tonight'

I actually had a laugh with one of them the other day (aged 10) as he had said this to a friend and I replied 'I do have a name you know!' :laughing:

tess1981
06-03-2014, 02:36 PM
I had one parent call me the babysitter.......:angry:
I hated this... another called me the childminder, not as bad
But to many I am a name :)

AgentTink
06-03-2014, 02:47 PM
i have had/have 2 families that even though they call me by name to me and their child, i have seen that when they write on facebook things about their childs day with me they tend to say nursery. Never quite understood why. I had another child who called me school as both her mum and dad always called my setting school and would say so in conversation, thats was even stranger!!!

I did always wonder if it was because they felt it sounds better to say nursery/school to people who dont know :huh: