PDA

View Full Version : Main family giving notice!

maisiemog
05-03-2014, 10:49 PM
Hate this part of the job! My family of three are leaving me at the end of May. Their nan is retiring so can have the kids! Although I'm not 100% convinced it will work with the fact she's always late and asking for other overtime! Can't see them putting up with that...or coping with three kids full time in the holidays!

I've had a space to fill for a while so this is the motivation I've needed to properly advertise. I've also applied for a few non minding jobs as well. We will manage financially but no luxuries! I was so wanting a nice holiday this year as well!

lisbet
05-03-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm going to be losing some EY part timers to pre-school/ maternity leave in the coming months and am finding that prospect stressful, let alone a family of 3! :group hug:

I hope some lovely new families find their way to you ready for May :) x

unalindura77
06-03-2014, 07:00 AM
There's a family I have on board and I always dread when the time comes and they move on...

Don't worry as you say, this may not turn out and they come back to you or with your good experience etc, you're able to find another family, hopefully one that isn't always late

samb
06-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Mine too but only 1 child- 3? Ouch!

gef918
06-03-2014, 08:22 AM
I'm losing one mindee in a few weeks. Unfortunately he's my only one :(
Advertising like crazy and wondering how I went from full to empty within 6 months!

1. Starting school
2. Mum starting new job, doesn't need a minder
3. Mum made redundant and due to being pregnant not looking to go back to work

Aaargh!

maisiemog
06-03-2014, 04:01 PM
I'm losing one mindee in a few weeks. Unfortunately he's my only one :( Advertising like crazy and wondering how I went from full to empty within 6 months! 1. Starting school 2. Mum starting new job, doesn't need a minder 3. Mum made redundant and due to being pregnant not looking to go back to work Aaargh!

I lose my next family in July as well so will only have two mindees for 5 hours a week each then.

I'm seriously thinking this might be the final straw and I may go back out to work. It's a hard decision though and both sides have their advantages and disadvantages!

In the mean time I'm on an economy drive and living as frugally as possible to save as much as I can!

Mouse
06-03-2014, 04:09 PM
Fingers crossed the calls start coming in very soon.

I am fortunate in that all of my children are part time and from separate families so if one leaves it isn't quite so bad. I'm also OK when it comes to planned finishes, such as a child going to school. I usually have someone lined up to take their place. It's the unexpected finishes that I worry about.

mummyMia
06-03-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm also losing my main earner in a few weeks time and am starting to worry. There seem to be new nurseries popping up all over the place and enquiries are few and far between. My only other mindee is starting school in September so I will be losing her then too. The uncertainty is definitely one of the down sides of this job :(

nikki thomson
06-03-2014, 08:33 PM
I feel very lucky that my cm income is just pocket money, only have one lo part time, always been like that tbh, good luck to all you guys though. X

maisiemog
07-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Well I've put adverts up everywhere I can think of. I'm volunteering at a toddler group now! I've applied for a million jobs elsewhere as well and thankfully I've been given extended notice so I can save.

I'm over shopping on the food, we pre pay on gas and electric so I'm putting extra on that every week and I'm going to be saving. We can cope on what I will still be earning and DH's wage, just won't have the luxuries we like at the moment!

I'm committing equally to both looking for a job and for new mindees and have decided that whichever comes along first is what I am meant to be doing!