PDA

View Full Version : Help- What would you do?

MAWI
05-03-2014, 06:26 PM
I have a parent visiting soon and they do not want a place until end of May. Their hours/days would suit me perfectly but I always used to say 50% retainer if I am holding open the space!!! Not sure they would go for it. Arghhh

line6
05-03-2014, 06:29 PM
I've had someone enquire who is desperate to secure a place but doesn't need me til January! We're going to have a chat as the times work for me and I'm happy as I am at present so were going to see if we can work out some kind of retainer/deposit even though it's so far away!

unalindura77
05-03-2014, 06:35 PM
What I do in that case is ask for a deposit which I return for their last months fees, if they don't go with you they lose it.

VeggieSausage
05-03-2014, 06:46 PM
I take a deposit that comes off the first months fees....everyone has been happy with that....

moggy
05-03-2014, 06:54 PM
I take a deposit that comes off the first months fees....everyone has been happy with that....

This is what I'd do as end May is not that long to wait and if it is the perfect child/family/hours/day then it is worth waiting for.

MAWI
05-03-2014, 07:05 PM
This is what I'd do as end May is not that long to wait and if it is the perfect child/family/hours/day then it is worth waiting for.

That's what I was thinking. I know we all have our fees policies etc but sometimes you have to blow it out the water I guess

miffy
05-03-2014, 07:15 PM

I would do this too - making it clear that if they changed their minds and didn't take up the place then they would lose the deposit.

Good luck, hope it works out for you

Miffy xx

line6
05-03-2014, 08:16 PM
How much is a reasonable deposit? Presumably it needs to be enough that they won't want to lose it but not so much that it's unrealistic?

moggy
05-03-2014, 08:23 PM
How much is a reasonable deposit? Presumably it needs to be enough that they won't want to lose it but not so much that it's unrealistic?

I always ask for 4 weeks fees as deposit, refundable if place taken up against first month's fees.

MAWI
05-03-2014, 09:35 PM
Thanks everyone. I decided on my usual deposit structure which is £200 non returnable, credited off first months fees. I decided not to ask for any retainer. They were a lovely family and seem happy when leaving but they have a few more visits and Nurseries to consider, so we will see :)