PDA

View Full Version : Next steps?

Tinkerbell1979
05-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone,

My mind gone blank, did an observation today, child was able to tip a container every which way to make her ball inside mark make as it was coveted on paint, she used wide range of volcubuary, expressed her preferences and pointed out simple shapes (square, triangle), what could I possible put as next steps?

Child is 28m

TIA

moggy
05-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone,

My mind gone blank, did an observation today, child was able to tip a container every which way to make her ball inside mark make as it was coveted on paint, she used wide range of volcubuary, expressed her preferences and pointed out simple shapes (square, triangle), what could I possible put as next steps?

Child is 28m

TIA

You don't need to squeeze a next step out of every obs. If one does not come easily to mind, as in this case, then just leave it as stand-alone obs.

It is adding to your overall knowledge of the child's dev, it will be a nice thing to do again one day soon- maybe use toy cars instead of balls etc. Just write 'more of the same' if you really want to write something! Or focus on the shapes if you think the child is really interested to learn more shape names. Don't over-think it! If it is not simple then best just leave it and see what happens naturally.

Tinkerbell1979
06-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Thank you - taking your advice and leaving blank - much appreciated x