PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a word in Development matters

cherry
05-03-2014, 08:26 AM
I'm sure Sarah said that if you went into Development Matters on line and pressed Ctrl and F you could do a word search in the document.

I've just tried this and as soon as I put the first letter of a word in, it comes up as a red O of O, as if the word doesn't exists.

What am I doing wrong?

hectors house
05-03-2014, 08:30 AM
I'm sure Sarah said that if you went into Development Matters on line and pressed Ctrl and F you could do a word search in the document.

I've just tried this and as soon as I put the first letter of a word in, it comes up as a red O of O, as if the word doesn't exists.

What am I doing wrong?

I didn't know you could do that - be interested to see the answer. Have you tried sending Sarah a PM as she may not spot your post as quick - but make sure you share the response with us!

QualityCare
05-03-2014, 09:28 AM
yes press ctrl and f box at top of screen on right type in word it will then tell you how many of that word are in the document and will high light them, perhaps what you were putting in wasn't in the document.

cherry
05-03-2014, 01:26 PM
That's what I was doing and I even looked for a word that would be in the document to see if I was doing it correctly.

I'll pm Sarah, and see if she knows.

Thanks

cherry
05-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Just tried it on my Laptop and it worked, must be something to do with my computer.

sarah707
06-03-2014, 02:45 PM
Yes it works on my computer and laptop - control and 'f' then search for key words...

Did you figure it out Cherry? x

cherry
06-03-2014, 04:03 PM
It worked today on my computer, I wonder why it didn't yesterday, strange.

Thank you for telling us about control and f as I'm finding it very helpful :thumbsup: