PDA

View Full Version : Daunting............

Jenners
04-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Hello Everyone,

The time has come!! My registration should be complete by April 1st :excited::excited: and there are some issues I need help with from you experienced old hands! Firstly, do I need an accountant??? Secondly, I spoke to my co-ordinator today and she told me I needed to 'put out some feelers' as she put it with regard to getting people interested. Now I'm wondering what the best way to do this would be? A facebook page? advert in a local shop? I really don't know! All ideas gratefully received!!! Thanks guys. Love from a newbie!! Xx

BR23
05-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Hi,

I'm also registering at the moment. Got my call last night to say ofsted inspector is coming next week!
I just advertised on Facebook on a local business and services page and am nearly full for when I get my certificate. Then I got flyers and business cards ready to put out in local shops when I'm registered. :-)

B x

LG2014
05-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Hi I not registered yet but to get interest I would...

Print off business cards/posters for....

Local schools
Doctor surgeries
Libraries
Sure Start/Children Centres
Activity Centres
Mum and Baby/Toddler Groups
Church Coffee Mornings

Advertise on Childcare.co.uk
Register with local authority - mine do a Family Link where will advertise your vacancies for parents looking for childcare.

LG2014
05-03-2014, 09:30 AM
Oh and congratulations! :) xx

tulip0803
05-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Congratulations:clapping:

You do not need to have an accountant although some childminders do have them. I do my own accounts and they are quite simple as long as you keep up-to-date with everything and don't leave it until the last minute.

Happytoddlers kindly shared an Excel workbook for childminders http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/book-keeping-accounts-tax-expenses-national-insurance/104599-book-keeping-excel-workbook-4.html . They have said that they will be putting on a 2014/15 version shortly. It is great as it works out everything for you :clapping:

LG2014 has some great ideas for advertising. As BR23 says many childminders have great success with Facebook. You could also do your own website either make your own through a free site like Webs, moonfruit etc or pay to have one made for you Pauline on this site has made some lovely ones, she has just retired from childminding so not sure if she is still doing websites. Have some business cards to give out when you are talking to people - mine were from vistaprint but there are plenty of other places to get them printed.

Good luck

Jenners
05-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Thanks Guys! As always you've been informative, helpful and above all friendly!! The advice you share is fab! I'm getting excited xxxx