PDA

View Full Version : darn you pancake day! lol

ja-lula-belli
04-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Well I went shopping this morning for items to make pancakes and various fillings for our pancake buffet tonight.
Needless to say that I am so glad I didn't decide to buy the massive jar of nutella as half of the small jar has already gone.
I'm telling you a jar of nutella is fatal in my possession. A spoon full every time I go out the kitchen. Ahhhhh I need more will power .

k-tots
04-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Im with u there x

funemnx
04-03-2014, 02:47 PM
Not forgetting it's also National Pie week - I've had a cornish pasty and 2 pancakes so far.... :panic:

maisiemog
04-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Not forgetting it's also National Pie week - I've had a cornish pasty and 2 pancakes so far.... :panic:

Going to be making an apple pie now I've got a good excuse lol!

Have avoided the pancakes so far although i need to make more batter for DH to have some and there will be mix left over so not so sure if I can avoid them then!

loocyloo
04-03-2014, 05:42 PM
We had pancakes for breakfast. LO had one each at lunchtime and then I spent the afternoon whilst LOs slept making more pancakes ready... savoury and sweet pancakes for tea.

I think I have made about 60 today ... I've only eaten a couple and really don't want to see another one! Next year I'm not going to work pancake day!!!

Becci26
04-03-2014, 07:15 PM
Haha I never buy Nutella (thankfully!) I always remember being a child and sneaking into the cupboard for a spoonful!

We have made 2 batches of pancakes and another to make for hubby after tea, I've had 4 already! Love pancake day and glad it only comes once a year, I felt quite sick earlier lol. (We do have pancakes at other times, just not often but always today!)

Macca3437
04-03-2014, 07:44 PM
I am glad that evil Pancake Day is over!!
The kids ate loads, they kept asking for more. Poor hubby was like a demon in the kitchen tonight.
I am so exhausted, the dining room looks like a bomb has hit it. It will take some tidying. Oh well, at least the kids enjoyed it.

cathtee
04-03-2014, 08:00 PM
I haven't had any pancakes yet, the batter is in the fridge will be cooking them soon dh just got in, but it will lemon and sugar for me, I prefer the white and milk swirl chocolate spread from Lidl I can eat that by the spoonful :blush:

Maza
04-03-2014, 09:30 PM
I've had a few spoonful's of nutella too. It's evil.
I'm exhausted! I couldn't churn them out fast enough - just as I served the last child the first one had finished and was ready for their next one! They loved it sooo much though, it really was worth it! x

SYLVIA
04-03-2014, 09:52 PM
I'm not keen on nutella except on rice cakes

TabbyTuTu
05-03-2014, 07:43 AM
My three year old couldn't stop talking about the lemon pancakes they made the kids at pre-school yesterday and was jumping up & down with excitement at the prospect of them for dinner. Yet, low and behold, he wouldn't eat even one after I spent a good hour making them. Wonder how the teachers managed it..