PDA

View Full Version : 2 year funding

sarahstanbridge
04-03-2014, 10:06 AM
hi all, i have had enquiry from a parent who has funding for 2 year old in place. i have never been asked this before and am wonderering whats involved?
what do i need to do?

thanks sarah

AgentTink
04-03-2014, 10:09 AM
Here all childminders with good and outstanding ofsted grade can offer the 2 year old funding. The payments are made through our families first scheme, and it is only them that can verify that the parent is entitled to the funding.

Your first port of call would be i guess your Early Years team with the local authority and then if childminders in your area can offer the funding you would most probably need to speak to parent to find out who they have liaised with who has told them they are entitled to the funding, as they will then need the parent to tell them with which provider they are placing their child. Which local authority are you with as someone on here may be with the same one and give you more advise?

sarahstanbridge
04-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Here all childminders with good and outstanding ofsted grade can offer the 2 year old funding. The payments are made through our families first scheme, and it is only them that can verify that the parent is entitled to the funding.

Your first port of call would be i guess your Early Years team with the local authority and then if childminders in your area can offer the funding you would most probably need to speak to parent to find out who they have liaised with who has told them they are entitled to the funding, as they will then need the parent to tell them with which provider they are placing their child. Which local authority are you with as someone on here may be with the same one and give you more advise?

i live in west sussex,

CarolineRussen
04-03-2014, 10:50 AM
I recieved a booklet from my local Family Information Service to register as a provider offering 2yr old funding. Perhaps if you contact your local office they can help you out xx