PDA

View Full Version : Next step ideas?

Kaybeaa
04-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Can anyone help me my mind has gone blank! I realise not every observation has a next step but I feel this one should...I just don't know what? Mind freeze!

9 month old baby waved at his mum before for the first time when she went to leave. We were both surprised as this baby never normally notices his mum has left, never mind waves at her! I'm thinking this needs to be developed on, but not sure how? Or even if I'm right?! Any suggestions? X

Kerry84
04-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Not sure if you can move it on, maybe keep getting the child to wave etc but I would put it down as a WOW moment definitely :-) xx

amylouise867
04-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Can anyone help me my mind has gone blank! I realise not every observation has a next step but I feel this one should...I just don't know what? Mind freeze! 9 month old baby waved at his mum before for the first time when she went to leave. We were both surprised as this baby never normally notices his mum has left, never mind waves at her! I'm thinking this needs to be developed on, but not sure how? Or even if I'm right?! Any suggestions? X

I agree also, it's more of a WOW moment rather than something requiring a next step.

x

hectors house
04-03-2014, 01:00 PM
You could encourage starting to join in with actions in songs eg: if you're happy and you know it clap your hands, wave your arms, stamp your feet. etc

alex__17
04-03-2014, 01:15 PM
You could play hide and seek, waving hello each time, or wave hello/goodbye to the teddy etc as you enter or leave a room? Just encourage more of the same I guess or new actions

Kaybeaa
04-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Brilliant suggestions thankyou guys. Yep it's going down as a wow moment. His mum and I was really shocked when he did it. Bless him