PDA

View Full Version : Out and about nipper?

Becci26
04-03-2014, 07:18 AM
I know this buggy is being talked about a lot lately, but have been thinking about getting one to replace my jane twin pro,
A friend on fb is selling one for £150 is this a reasonable price to pay, and are they really worth the money?
I've not been too taken with my jane and don't want to make the same mistake again!

mrs robbie williams
04-03-2014, 07:34 AM
i got mine second hand from gumtree i paid 80 and it is a dream to push, i had a jane twin two before that and hated it, far too heavy, i can push my nipper with two nearly three yr olds in with one hand :)

AgentTink
04-03-2014, 08:43 AM
I love my nipper, I also bought mine second hand for £115, and it is by far the best pram that i have had. It can be pushed with one hand easily, I dont feel i put hardly any effort in to push it, and i also at times use a buggy board with mine and it is still a dream to push (you just need to find a different postition to hold the pram when the buggy board is on). It is wide though, so this puts some people off as some versions dont fit through their front door, but i dont need mine to go through the front door so not a issue for me. Also check it will fit in your car if you will need it be out in one, although i use a few different cars and always manage to find a way to get it to fit. Could you ask your friend for a quick test drive???

I have said that once this nipper breaks i would not hestiate to pay full price for one if I needed a new pram quickly!

Becci26
04-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Ok thankyou,
The wideness bothers me a little bit as we love in a village with some VERY narrow pavements which is why I went for a tandem to replace my previous cheap side by side BUT I often feel like I'm pushing a train lol,

The car shouldn't be an issue as I have a vw caravelle with a huge boot! Ideal for all the gumph I carry around :)

Food for thought, thankyou I shall ponder it today and make a decision :-)

HTSMumma
04-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Do you know what version the nipper is? Version 1 is wider than version 3. I had a V1, sold it and bought a V3. The V3 fits perfectly through my front door, whereas my V1 didn't. I'm not sure about the V2 as I've never owned that one.
Either way, both versions I've owned are brilliant and a dream to push!

Find out what version it is and measure your door!

hectors house
04-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Mine doesn't fit through front door into my porch but I just pop off a back wheel, tilt buggy sideways to get through door and then pop wheel back on - normally only one child is asleep so I take out the awake one first. I mostly use mine out and about on walks, really easy to push especially up hills - which our town is full of!

blue bear
04-03-2014, 06:11 PM
I love my nippers, I have a single and a double, dream to push, children comfy in them, wheels pop off easily to get through narrower doors. It can be heavy to lift into boot and the raincover is a bit too tight a fit for my liking. But so easy to push and hard wearing, all the covers go in the washing machine and comes up like new. (double hood doesn't fit in machine though)

LittleGems1970
09-03-2014, 08:48 AM
Are the covers easy to remove and put back on? Mine could do with a wash!

Thanks

Dragonfly
09-03-2014, 04:24 PM
I paid £154 with postage last month off ebay for the 360 its so nice to push.

SYLVIA
09-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Brilliant pushchair! Paid £53 for mine last year and only wanted it incase of snow, but I find I walk more now than before because it's so easy to push.