PDA

View Full Version : can you Recommend 123 car seat

Angela234
03-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Hi I need a 123 group car seat for a big 2 year old he wears 4-5 year old clothes a lot of seats don't have very long straps and he can't use group 2 seats too young
Any recommendations please can't afford more than £50
Thanks

misskft
03-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Hiya I got one for £30 from kiddicare its got the harness for the youngesters then can be used with adult seatbelt for older children goes from 9m -11yrs hth

loocyloo
03-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Hiya I got one for £30 from kiddicare its got the harness for the youngesters then can be used with adult seatbelt for older children goes from 9m -11yrs hth

i have one of those too. if the child is tall enough and heavy enough, then you can use the adult seatbelt.

Tazmin68
03-03-2014, 08:12 PM
I also have the kiddicare 123 I bought two last year and bought a third in January in the sale. Lightweight easy to adjust straps and to use with normal seatbelt

cathtee
03-03-2014, 09:30 PM
I've been looking for one too, Kiddicare have one for 24.99 with full harness similar one at argos is 44.99 worth checking out Kiddicare

Angela234
03-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks for your replies I have looked at the one on kiddicare do you all find it easy and quick to put into the car?

samb
03-03-2014, 09:46 PM
Thanks for your replies I have looked at the one on kiddicare do you all find it easy and quick to put into the car?i have 3 and yes it's easy. I have to change from harness to not harness a couple of times a day too when I have a child that comes before and after school that doesn't need the harness and a child who comes 9:30-2:30 in between who does need the harness.

Tazmin68
04-03-2014, 07:43 AM
I have the traffic kiddicare one which is around the 40 mark the one on offer is red and black and is more or less identical. The straps are very easy and you don't need to fully take the 5 harness out yo use with normal seat belt. Plus if you spend 30 you get free delivery with a one hour time slot.

misskft
04-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Kiddicare are v good if you are local to one of their stores they will check the fitting/show you for free :-)

KatieFS
05-03-2014, 09:19 PM
So excited I've bought 2 as they are such good value and seriously needed decent car seats easy to fit. Oh yeah!!!

Angela234
05-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks everyone I have one coming from kiddicare tomorrow
Thanks for all the advice x

KatieFS
05-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Me too!!!!

hectors house
06-03-2014, 09:18 AM
I have a Renault Scenic and manage to get 3 car seats across the back - my car seats have to be quite narrow and as I only look after pre-school aged children I use the seats with integral straps (as not much room between seats to do up seat belts each journey) but I can never get these seats really secure in my car (shape of the seat), can anyone recommend seats that do feel secure in a Renault Scenic as I am really bad and slide the head rests down to try to stop seats from moving.

The seats don't move much forwards but when it really shows how much they move is when a child pulls sideways on the seat whilst trying to climb in - what can I do to really anchor these seats in - my car has Isofix written on the back seats but my car seats are too old to have Isofix?

smurfette
06-03-2014, 09:37 AM
I have a Renault Scenic and manage to get 3 car seats across the back - my car seats have to be quite narrow and as I only look after pre-school aged children I use the seats with integral straps (as not much room between seats to do up seat belts each journey) but I can never get these seats really secure in my car (shape of the seat), can anyone recommend seats that do feel secure in a Renault Scenic as I am really bad and slide the head rests down to try to stop seats from moving. The seats don't move much forwards but when it really shows how much they move is when a child pulls sideways on the seat whilst trying to climb in - what can I do to really anchor these seats in - my car has Isofix written on the back seats but my car seats are too old to have Isofix?

I have the same problem,, I can get two Britax type ones one on either side and then have a 1,2,3 in the middle but I don't feel it's very secure,
Exactly like you!

loocyloo
06-03-2014, 09:51 AM
I was told by someone fitting car seats at Halfords or mothercare ( can't remember! ) that the seats should NOT be rigidedgly fitted so they don't move, as if the seat belt is taut, in an accident it could ping out of the clip and the seat could go flying. better for them all to have a bit of movement. apparently if you have 3 across the row you should be able to push the top sideways from one side and all 3 should move. this is when you are fitting the backed booster type seats that have the 5 point harness in them. ( or just use the sealtbelt with the backed booster )

if you are fitting the 'traditional' 5 point harness seats, then they should be fitted tightly.

no idea how correct this was, the person fitting the seats in my car was very experienced. I was also told the same by a garage years ago.

hectors house
06-03-2014, 10:48 AM
I was told by someone fitting car seats at Halfords or mothercare ( can't remember! ) that the seats should NOT be rigidedgly fitted so they don't move, as if the seat belt is taut, in an accident it could ping out of the clip and the seat could go flying. better for them all to have a bit of movement. apparently if you have 3 across the row you should be able to push the top sideways from one side and all 3 should move. this is when you are fitting the backed booster type seats that have the 5 point harness in them. ( or just use the sealtbelt with the backed booster )

if you are fitting the 'traditional' 5 point harness seats, then they should be fitted tightly.

no idea how correct this was, the person fitting the seats in my car was very experienced. I was also told the same by a garage years ago.

Thank you - I'm frightened to go to Halfords as I went in last year to ask how often car seats should be replaced and they said every 3 years! Mine are all coming up 9 years old, am going to replace one each year to spread the costs as they all still meet the recommended EU standards.

Tazmin68
06-03-2014, 01:01 PM
It is every three years and I changed all of mind between August and this jan and as the kiddicare one was £29.99 in a sale it did not cost me too much to replace and the two boosters that I have they were less that £8. I was looking at paying tax snd class 4 ni so able to change the seats and reduce my tax bill. The police did of a spot check at our car park by school so was glad all mine had the ECE R 44/4 code on them some parents did get done.