PDA

View Full Version : receipts from yourself

mrsh
22-07-2008, 01:44 PM
I have loads of stuff to sell to myself as my children have outgrown them. I would normally sell them on ebay/carboot but obviously now as I'm about to start childminding it seems daft to sell them all when I have to buy things. They are all v-tech toys from when my daughter was younger that were between £5-£15 each.
How do I go about selling them to myself?
Can I buy a receipt book and just write a receipt say for example 10 toys £35.

I do have quite abit of stuff to sell to myself but wonder if this will be questioned as they will be receipts written out to myself.

SimplyLucy
22-07-2008, 01:59 PM
I bought about £400 worth of stuff off myself when I started out.

Included things such as pushchair, travel cot, high chair, bouncy chair, loads of toys, a few books, garden toys, etc etc etc.

Basically anything my children grow out of that I want to keep for childminding I buy into my own business. If I wasn't childminding I would have sold all these items on.

I just type myself out a recipt/list on the computer and put it with my accounts.

Rubybubbles
22-07-2008, 02:07 PM
can you do that? ohhhhh I have a high chair, car seats and loads of toys that I could do that with!!

Rubybubbles
22-07-2008, 02:08 PM
can you do that? ohhhhh I have a high chair, car seats and loads of toys that I could do that with!!

travel cots, bedding the list could go on! can you really do this? not heard of it before

SimplyLucy
22-07-2008, 02:18 PM

We were told it was perfectly acceptable at out ICP training.

At the end of the day you could go and sell all your own items at a carboot sale, then walk around buying similar items back and make reciepts and put those through your accounts.

By buying your own items you are cutting out the middle man and ensuring that your business is getting safe and clean equipment.

You can even get your children to make the reciept out if the want to sell a toy they don't want anymore. I didn't do this as mine would have expected the money! :D

Cazz
22-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Good point Lucy - best keep it quiet!!

My older two are 10 and they would definetly have their hands out! :laughing:

I'm glad I have seen that you can do this as this is what I plan to do over the summer holidays - get things down from the loft and sort out the toys they never play with that can be of use to me. :thumbsup:

Carole x

Rubybubbles
22-07-2008, 02:27 PM
:thumbsup: great I know what I'll be doing once I move having a huge sort out of what my own children def don't need/use then doing this!

Mind you I did ICP so long ago it was assignement based:laughing:

kindredspirits
22-07-2008, 03:38 PM
couldn't you sell your highchair to yourself for £1000!!!!! :D :laughing: :laughing:

Kat
23-07-2008, 10:24 AM
:D i wish...

what about buying from ebay? are you printing invoice from ebay and attaching to book? i bought toy boundle for £55 so I need recipt....

Jules27
23-07-2008, 03:48 PM
I didn't realise you could do this, yippee!!! Loads of toys my youngest has now finished with that I will be using for childminding.... great!!!!

Jxxx:jump for joy:

childminder54
23-07-2008, 03:52 PM
i didnot know that ether..

veronicaxx

jaz
26-07-2008, 01:01 PM
I also didnt realise this, is it too late for 2007/2008, or shall I just claim it for 2008/2009?

Any advice gratefully recieved.

J
x

Monkey1
26-07-2008, 02:15 PM
I would put it through this year babe. My kids always ask me to buy there stuff!

Bushpig
18-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Just a quick question here - I have loads of blank greeting cards and art materials, and beads and jewellery making supplies that I have always used.. and now use them with my kids I mind. Can I claim for these too with a receipt to myself?

Chatterbox Childcare
18-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Just a quick question here - I have loads of blank greeting cards and art materials, and beads and jewellery making supplies that I have always used.. and now use them with my kids I mind. Can I claim for these too with a receipt to myself?

Definately - just write a receipt out.

Another minder I know goes through ebay and cuts out their advertisements as proof of the going rate.

Debbie

Bushpig
18-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks! Good to know! Gosh I have accumulated loads of stuff and use it all the time. Thanks :)

miffy
18-08-2008, 09:42 PM
I also didnt realise this, is it too late for 2007/2008, or shall I just claim it for 2008/2009?

Any advice gratefully recieved.

J
x

If you've already done your tax return for 2007/08 the put it through 2008/09 - it doesn't really matter

Miffy xx

miffy
18-08-2008, 09:43 PM

You are using them for your business so yes you can claim for them

Miffy xx

Bushpig
18-08-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks Miffy. Now have the glorious job of figuring out what I can claim for them... haha

shelbo1
25-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Most toys that I buy my own children go through my childminding books as expenses because the childminding children also get use of the toys.. Ie., just bought a Wii for xmas this year for my two but it will be in the playroom and others will use it. Is this acceptable or have I been doing it the wrong way round? Should I be 'buying it back off my children'/doing a receipt from myself instead?

sarah707
25-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Most toys that I buy my own children go through my childminding books as expenses because the childminding children also get use of the toys.. Ie., just bought a Wii for xmas this year for my two but it will be in the playroom and others will use it. Is this acceptable or have I been doing it the wrong way round? Should I be 'buying it back off my children'/doing a receipt from myself instead?

When I buy things for my children as well as mindees I don't put the full amount through... just a % based on how much I think they will be used by mindees :D

shelbo1
25-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Never thought of doing that! Such a simple idea..and can adapt the percentage like you say in relation to how much the mindees play with the toys.. brill! Thank u:)

Tily Bud
25-08-2008, 07:17 PM
I agree with Sarah that is what I do x wish i'd known about being able to buy things from myself when i started though :rolleyes:

Chatterbox Childcare
25-08-2008, 09:05 PM
I buy everything for the childminded children (they use everything anyway) as long as it is age appropriate and put the total cost through

Debbie