PDA

View Full Version : Week 1

angeldelight
07-01-2008, 07:43 AM
Hope you are all ready to start your diet today if you have not already

I will do what I did before - week 1 , 2 , 3 and so on so you can all say if you are doing ok

I have not had any breakfast I know it is the best meal of the day but I just can not eat this early - so maybe I will eat mid morning instead

I am going to be dreading the evenings after about 7pm those times for me are the worst
I can go all day and be really good and stick to what I have to do but then in the evenings I can eat a whole weeks supply of food

I like to nibble when I am in the forum

Good luck everyone who is already on their diet and good luck to anyone starting today with me

Let us know how you are getting on

Angel xx

miffy
07-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Ha, ha - don't come on the forum then you won't nibble and we can catch up with you posting

Miffy xx

miffy
07-01-2008, 08:03 AM
I am only joking we would miss you too much

Miffy xx

carolinel
07-01-2008, 08:20 AM
haha, very funny Miffy. But I think Angel would need to take a year off to be able to catch up with her!!

Good luck for today. I'm not starting till Thursday.Well it will actually be Friday.

emler
07-01-2008, 08:22 AM
I'm starting today too - yikes!!!

Emler x

LittleMissSparkles
07-01-2008, 08:33 AM
drink lots of water ladies it helps flush out all the toxins and rubbish .....

angeldelight
07-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Good luck Emler are you doing your own diet or going to weight watchers or something else ?

Angel xx

angeldelight
07-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Well that is all I drink Susan can not see that it does me any good haha

Good luck Caroline when you start later in the week

Angel xx

manjay
07-01-2008, 09:37 AM
I like to nibble when I am in the forum

Angel xx

Why not keep Dex close by for when you need a nibble!!

I am starting properly today. I have cut down a lot since Thursday last week. Don't think I will weigh myself either Angel I think it can be counter productive sometimes. I was weighed at the hospital on thursday and will be again at my next appointment in 3 months but other than that I will go on how my clothes feel.

Good luck everyone

amanda xx

angeldelight
07-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Good luck Amanda

What are you saying nibble on Dex instead ?? haha

Angel xx

Blaze
07-01-2008, 09:50 AM
I start on Wednesday...learnt from WW best not to start on a Monday!
Tasha:)

angeldelight
07-01-2008, 09:52 AM
Does it matter what day you start ??

If you are going to diet you will do it whatever day it is - if you are going to cheat you will also whatever the day - thats how it works for me and most of us anyway haha

Weight watchers what do they know haha

Angel xx

Lou
07-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Good luck everyone.

I started last weds. lost 4 lbs, since then.

Weighed myself this morning as i like to weigh myself on a monday, just my little habit.

Drinking so much water i cant stop peeing lol

Good luck xx

angeldelight
07-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Wow a very well done to you Lou that is good news keep it up

What diet are you doing ?

Angel xx

Lou
07-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Weight Watchers, but on my own if you see what i mean.

I am gonna see if i can foloow it myself at home without going to meetings.

If i start to struggle, then i will start going to meetings.

Also gonna start some excersing soon, maybe running or dvd at home xxx

Minnie Minx
07-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Good luck everyone and don't forget when you want to nibble have some fruit, carrot, dates/dried fruit, brazil nuts or banana chips

xxx

Tily Bud
07-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Ive started the diet today also, so i will be checking in each week x

Im just going to cut out all the c**p and do some exercise x

Ive stocked the fridge with healthy foods and made some vegetable soup so we'll see how it goes x

Cheryl x

mummyspice
07-01-2008, 10:02 PM
I started on 'slimfast' today. Just giving it a go for 4 weeks til we go to Egypt(all inclusive and put it all back on!!)
No, seriously, I have a lot of weight to lose:(
I had my slimfast shakes at 10 and 4 and then a 600 cal meal at 8.30
You can have up to 3 100 cal snacks a day, so I have had all 3 just now, a banana and 2 smoothie ice lollys!-but still 'psychologically' hungry.

angeldelight
08-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Thank goodness I have got through the first day without cheating

Hope everyone else did ok

Angel xx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Just wondering how you are all doing on your diet this week

DAY 3 TODAY for some of us

Is everyone sticking to it
Are you finding it very difficult?

Have you cheated yet?

I am doing ok I have said so in my other thread
Tummy still rumbles though and I am feeling hungry in the evenings - but I just think that is because I am so used to snacking at that time

Good luck everyone

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 10:45 AM
I keep saying it angel :laughing: but you must snack if you're feeling hungry, depriving yourself of food only makes your body go into starvation mode and then it's even harder to lose weight. Nibble on healthy food like brazil nuts, unsalted peanuts or fruit lol

xxx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 10:59 AM
I do not like nuts haha plus I am def not setting my tooth off again haha

What about homemade soup with veg - does anyone make their own

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 11:06 AM
yuck, i only like chicken or mushroom soup, so i can't help you there

xxx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I am fussy with soup too - vegetable might be ok though

xx

oakie dokie
09-01-2008, 12:37 PM
angel, i have just made these wounderful tasty spuds to put on top of my cottage pie, cut potatoes up with jct still on in to crisp shapes but thicker, par boil them, then spray with fry light and put in the oven on high, they have come out like crisps, they taste great, i didnt want to put mash on the top!

hazelx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 12:57 PM
That sounds very nice Hazel

How many did you use and how much mince etc did you use?

Are you following weight watchers or cal controlled ? Or something else

Angel xx

oakie dokie
09-01-2008, 01:05 PM
i used 4 jackets size spuds, mince from tesco H.E. range onion and carrot and a cottage pie mix, when i lost my weight 1st time(last time i mean) i did the no count as did cheryl and we both lost really well on it. but what i have done is changed the size of my plate to a largish side plate. i am healthy eating the no count is really good you can have 3 meals and you eat till your comfortably full, i dont use butter or speads, i had a chicken and stuffing sw with heaps of baby leaf salad but i squirted some fresh lemon on it and it was loverley to my surprise. i have a ww meal for lunch.

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 01:08 PM
sorry if i am thick what do you mean number count?

xx

oakie dokie
09-01-2008, 01:11 PM
NO count not number, you dont count anything on the list

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Can you explain more fully?

I am not really understanding how you can eat anything and not count it and then lose weight - or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here?
Maybe I am having another blonde day haha

Angel xx

oakie dokie
09-01-2008, 01:20 PM
at weight weighters, you can count points or do no count, you have a list of foods you can eat till your comfortably full. i will try to copy the list and send it too you, tin toms are free!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Oh I am with you now yes I did do weight watchers years ago when the points just started so it is going back a bit now

That would be great Hazel if you could do a list
How many points a day are you allowed now aprox?

If you do not have time do not worry

Angel xx

Lou
09-01-2008, 02:30 PM
For some reason, i am feeling sooo tired and that is making me find it hard today.

I havent succombed yet though, made childrens dinner earlier while little ones were asleep, and i have got some prawns out of freezer to have with a jacket potato and massive salad for my dinner.

If i can just keep strong until after that, i will have an early night and hopefully find it easier tomorrow.

Does anyone else find it hard when they are tired?

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 02:32 PM
I find it hard whenever whatever haha

You can do this Lou do not cheat you have been really good

If you go to sleep though at least you can not eat haha

Angel xx

Spangles
09-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Can't believe it's only day 3!!! Seems like forever already! Ha ha!

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Lorri I know just what you mean haha

Angel xx

custardcream
09-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Angel if you like soup, have you tried courgette, pea and mint soup.

Just chop up courgettes a potato to thicken it frozen peas and dried mint and a vegetable stock cube, and an onion if you wish

It sounds horrible and looks yuk ( my children think it looks like snot) but it tastes lovely and is filling and good for you.

Tily Bud
09-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi

im finding it suprisingly easy at the moment lol x

I am suprised though with all that is going on x

Cheryl x

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks for that custardcream

How are you Cheryl hope you are ok

Angel xx

mrsbumbles
09-01-2008, 09:36 PM
I've just worked out i need to loose 32lb to reach my ideal weight for my height, and doing things properly and according to all the books, losing 2lb a week max, it will take me untill 23rd April. Will my willpower last that long?

Spangles
09-01-2008, 11:05 PM
That sounds like it should take ages but that's not long at all really!

We're half way through January so that doesn't count (?) and February is a short month (!), March has loads of bank holidays (not sure why that's a plus) and then you're in April and on the home run!

Think how happy you'll be on 23rd April and just in time for the May bank holidays!

You can do it!

Minnie Minx
09-01-2008, 11:11 PM
I've just worked out i need to loose 32lb to reach my ideal weight for my height, and doing things properly and according to all the books, losing 2lb a week max, it will take me untill 23rd April. Will my willpower last that long?

yes it will, we're here to support you when you are just about to eat the slice of cake or bar of chocolate lol

xxx

angeldelight
09-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Yes you can and will do it

we will all support you

angel xx

manjay
09-01-2008, 11:15 PM
yes it will, we're here to support you when you are just about to eat the slice of cake or bar of chocolate lol

xxx

You are so right!! I came in from the pub (sorry, meeting) tonight and reached for the Pringle tub. Then I saw my laptop on the kitchen table and it was just the reminder I needed to come and sit on here and eat a carrot instead!

amanda xx

LittleAcorns
10-01-2008, 07:06 AM
Hi everyone, best of luck to you all :jump for joy:

I started Slimming world on Monday, also going to the gym 2x a week....As an insentive Im doing a sponcered slim, aim to loose around 4 stone for Children in Need in November

Take care x

Tily Bud
10-01-2008, 07:55 AM
:)

Hi

Yes thanks Angel I am fine xx

I started on Monday and up to ow am finding it suprisingly easy - just have to keep it up

Keep up the goo work ladies x

Cheryl x