PDA

View Full Version : Sinus problems

bernesewalking
02-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Does anyone suffer with this? Have had blocked sinuses since last Tuesday with pounding headaches have antibiotics from dr and also a Nasel spray, today I have a lot of phlegm in the back of my throat which makes me feel a bit sicky, is this a good sign that things are starting to loosen and hopefully on the mend soon? Still have headache which is made worse from stuffy rooms and looking down for too long. X

The Juggler
02-03-2014, 12:06 PM
me - always! 3 tips

use sudafed (from the pharmacy NOT the one on the shelf) it's got pseudephradine hydrochloride in it. Helps with the headaches better than painkillers

steaming - use a big mug. boil the kettle add few drops of olbas oil or vicks vapour rub and just cup your hands round it and inhalf for 5 mins - do 2-3 times per day - helps clear the mucus out.

from a good health food shop or internet (amazon) - try plantago - a natural remedy. It's quite expensive but soo effective. Since I started using this 7 years ago I haven't had 1 sinus infection whereas I used to be on antibiotics 2-3 times a year minimum. This usually works so well I can stop using the sudafed after a day or two. It is really good stuff.

feel better soon honey.xx

bernesewalking
02-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Thanks juggler, I will defiantly buy some plantago, as you have suffered before with this, is the fact I can now feel plegm at the back of my throat a good sign things are moving!

loocyloo
02-03-2014, 01:01 PM
My mum had sinusitis for months and months and blocked sinuses for years. She eventually saw a cranial osteopath who cleared it up with 3 visits ... 5 yrs on she has not had a problem since.

bunyip
02-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Yes I also get this, often in the wake of a simple cold. It can get infection into just about anywhere there's space, so I can end up with swollen gums, especially where I've had root treatment. Imagine toothache in several places at once until the stuff eventually swells so much that it bursts in my mouth (eeeyugh! :p) .

Juggler is spot on about the nasal sprays and steaming with Olbas/Karvol. I tend to steam for 15 minutes at a time and leave a steaming bowl in the room when I go to bed.

I've not tried plantago. Can you buy it in the shops?

mama2three
02-03-2014, 03:37 PM
I wasn't aware it was so common! I get dreadful tooth and ear pain with it too , and feel somehow 'distant' from everything , mainly because my hearing become fuzzy I think.
When it starts to clear I do get mucus in my throat , not pleasant but welcome iyswim.

The Juggler
02-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Yes I also get this, often in the wake of a simple cold. It can get infection into just about anywhere there's space, so I can end up with swollen gums, especially where I've had root treatment. Imagine toothache in several places at once until the stuff eventually swells so much that it bursts in my mouth (eeeyugh! :p) .

Juggler is spot on about the nasal sprays and steaming with Olbas/Karvol. I tend to steam for 15 minutes at a time and leave a steaming bowl in the room when I go to bed.

I've not tried plantago. Can you buy it in the shops?

you can buy it in good health food shops (not holland and barratt but the little independent ones usually). It's a Vogel Remedy - it is a little cheaper on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vogel-Plantago-Lanceolata-Tincture-50ml/dp/B001LXRLPC/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1393784765&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=plantago

as cheap as £7.15 with free delivery so cheaper than a prescription - it's nearer £10 in the shops.
OP not sure if the yuk in your throat is a sign of it easing. But if it is or isn't the plantago should help you get rid.

Nikki

Chatterbox Childcare
02-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Mine gets infected unless I get on top of it instantly. I use Sudafed Sinus Pressure and Pain. Mine goes into my eyes, ears, head and gives me toothache. The Sudafed stops all my symptons if I catch it quickly (the stuffy nose) with 10 minutes

Hope yours goes soon

AgentTink
04-03-2014, 08:48 AM
you can buy it in good health food shops (not holland and barratt but the little independent ones usually). It's a Vogel Remedy - it is a little cheaper on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vogel-Plantago-Lanceolata-Tincture-50ml/dp/B001LXRLPC/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1393784765&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=plantago

as cheap as £7.15 with free delivery so cheaper than a prescription - it's nearer £10 in the shops.
OP not sure if the yuk in your throat is a sign of it easing. But if it is or isn't the plantago should help you get rid.

Nikki

I have just order some of this based on your recommendation because i have suffered for years with sinus infections so anything is worth a try :)

How often do you take the treatment? Every day, or just during a sinus attack. And also how much do i take at a time?

The Juggler
05-03-2014, 12:27 PM
I have just order some of this based on your recommendation because i have suffered for years with sinus infections so anything is worth a try :)

How often do you take the treatment? Every day, or just during a sinus attack. And also how much do i take at a time?

i take it when I have a cold at the first sign my ears etc are getting blocked. If I'm ok I take it twice a day but up to 4 times if its really bad. If the pains area really bad I take it along with sudafed. It's 12 drops in a tiny amount of water up to 4 times a day.

Hope it helps.x

cherry
05-03-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm so glad I found this thread, I have suffered pain for 2 months now and after 3 visits to the doctors, each one recommending different cures, I'm still suffering.

I'll give the Vogel remedy a go.

Thank you :thumbsup:

The Juggler
06-03-2014, 07:43 PM
I'm so glad I found this thread, I have suffered pain for 2 months now and after 3 visits to the doctors, each one recommending different cures, I'm still suffering.

I'll give the Vogel remedy a go.

Thank you :thumbsup:

hope it works hon. mines really bad at the mo and I went to get it out of the cupboard and it's run out. need to get some more tomorrow. I'm also doing sudafed and nasal spray at the mo - my face hurts so much feels like someone punched me in the eye sockets

cherry
07-03-2014, 07:48 AM
I know the feeling, I really want to chop my head off.

Lets hope the postman delivers the Vogel today.