PDA

View Full Version : Finally have pre-reg visit next week!.... have a few questions...

Tracie Morrison
01-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Hi Everyone,
this is my first post, I finally have my pre-reg visit booked for next friday and have a few questions, the whole registering process has been so long winded and taken so long/stressful that I had begun to think it would never happen and had lost a bit of my mojo in preparing and now its all happening fast I dont really feel ready :(

Anyway, I have a few questions and will prob have a few more before the week is over:blush:

Should I join pacey now? or wait until I have my first mindee?

Car insurance - Do I just need to add 'business' to my policy or do I need a whole new policy which specifically mentions childminding (I wasnt going to use my register my car for childminding as I live in a village where everything is walkable but am wondering...)

The Pacey insurance - does that cover 10 minded children or 10 children in total? (I have 2 of my own 7 & 9yrs)

I think thats it for now, Im sure I will think of a few more as I am spending the weekend preparing the house/garden/paperwork...

Thank you xxx

cathtee
01-03-2014, 01:28 PM
My car is insured for business use I just told them I was a childminder and that was ok, not sure about joining Pacey as I'm with MM but I would think you would need to show Mrs O your insurance certificate if I'm wrong someone will correct me and the numbers on the policy I would think is just for minded children as you don't need public liability for your own (but again I could be Wrong) Not being much help really but good luck :thumbsup: