PDA

View Full Version : giving notice

christine84
01-03-2014, 11:56 AM
hi there, I juet need to hear your thoughts. I have a 3.5 year old who goes to nursery full timr. he come to me at 6.45am then I drop him st nursery for 7.30 and then pick him up at 6pm and mum is to pick upbat 7pm. he started 2 weeks ago. he also does every sunday 8am to 5pm when I drop him off at his aunts as I told mum I can't work past 5pm as I have to go for evening mass. the thing now is that sinfe he started the earliest mum has picked him up is 7.45pm. she is always late. on thursday it was 5 past 9pm. I do charge 6 pounds per hour, but it is not about the money. I need the time. I have an 8 month old and a 3 year old. I also have to prepare dinner. I cannot be finishing so late. I am also not keen on sundays anymore as I feel excuses will still come up when we go into the full contract. I am also doing a part time masters and the evening after work is when I study. I want to terminate contract. what do u think.

smurfette
01-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Sounds like it isn't working for you .. that's what the settling in period is for! Sounds like mum probably knew the hours were longer but probably hoped when you got started you would go with it. Poor little one what long hours to be away from home and mum!

I would just tell her you are sorry, now that you have got into it it just isn't working for your family who you have to put first, especially since the hours have turned out to be longer than arranged. She may at that point promise to pick up on time so you need to decide if that would work for you.. If so extend your settling in period and slap on heavy fees for late pick up, or if not stick to uour guns

Good luck keep us posted

sarah707
01-03-2014, 12:45 PM
You have to put yourself and your family first. If it's not working then use the settling in period to give notice like murphf suggests...

However, I'm confused why you are delaying family tea because you are working I would never do that! If we are due to eat we eat - if it was bedtime for my children they used to go to bed - I didn't let childminded children get in the way of my family routine.

Hugs x

bunyip
01-03-2014, 07:19 PM
I agree with Murphf and Sarah.

I also have a bl00dy-minded streak of natural justice running through me which would have me setting off for mass at 7pm on the dot, with the child, and sending a text message to mum, "Had to go to mass; you can collect your little darling from the church. P.S. the late-fee-meter is now running" Let her make a pillock of herself in front of the assembled congregation a few times and she might start taking timekeeping a bit more seriously. ;)

sing-low
01-03-2014, 10:08 PM
I would give notice. It is not working for you and your family and Mum is not sticking to the contracted hours. It might be hard to do but you will feel loads better once you've done it!