PDA

View Full Version : Help ..

Sammie1309
28-02-2014, 01:58 PM
Hi does anybody have a copy of there parent evaluation forms they send out so I could
Get a few tips I'm due ofsted in the next week or so and need to get these sent out thank you xx

Mrs Scrubbit
28-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Every setting is different, You should think about all the things that you offer( meals, drinks, snacks, activities, outings, information sharing, LJs, etc,etc ) and ask the parents for their thoughts about ,what is provided, what could be changed/ improved upon etc. Try and avoid tick boxes, because that is all you will get.............loads of ticks!, also ask your questions in a way that does not just lead to a 'yes/no' answer, hth xxx

Sammie1309
01-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Thank you x

hectors house
01-03-2014, 12:39 PM
I ask my parents various questions and then get them to grade me 1 - 5 for a reply

I ask things like in their opinion is their child happy and settled, making good developmental progress, encouraged to become more independent, that I have a good range of resources / toys / activities, I take them on suitable outings, I encourage good behaviour, that the parent feels comfortable approaching me with any questions or complaints, I keep parents informed, the setting is clean and safe, etc etc etc

I then give them a box to add any additional comments - I do tell them that Ofsted will be reading these surveys that makes them realise that this is important to my grading and then they are more likely to fill them in and return them. If I get several surveys back with a lower grade on the same question, it means I can address this, maybe they didn't understand the question, or it means that I don't communicate something clearly - so I do do something but I don't tell the parents. eg: equal opportunities