PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg visit what do i need im place

lady luck
28-02-2014, 11:34 AM
Hi I've just had a phone call from ofsted to tell me to expect my pre reg visit soon. So I have a few things in place what else do I need please.
I have risk assessments, policies and procedures, forms for parents to fill out such as child details medication contracts consent forms all about me forms emergency contact details. I'm child proofing my house with stair gates and child locks is there anything else that I have forgotten please?

shortstuff
28-02-2014, 12:03 PM
your pre reg is the chance to ask MRS O questions about anything additional you need. It is a very reassuring visit with further information learned during the visit.

I learned to look at all the glass around my downstairs and unless you can see a kite mark you may want to consider putting glass film over them. As a bear minimum you need to RA them.

PeekABoos
28-02-2014, 01:59 PM
I am awaiting to have my pre reg visit but have been reading tips and the best one I have read is get down to a child's level, on your hands and knees and spot the risks from their view :) good luck xx

covgalxxx
28-02-2014, 03:07 PM
Got told on Monday that the inspector has my details but haven't heard nothing yet, I put my glass doors in my risk assessments , and to say it will have safety film on, haven't brought yet as want to make sure I am a childminder before spending loads, I got my p&ps my RA, examples of learning and daily dairy, which has all about me in, no contracts as want morton Michel contracts so want to buy it when but the insurance, I am reading my kids reports when they was in nursery to see how they do the eyfs then which I think is helping me to understanding, been reading up on my safeguarding, printed of the prepare for a visit 3 times twice last year when I through I was ready so going to do it again this weekend so my heads in it, I gave just put my childminding brain on, my dd moans and tells me to shut up,

lady luck
28-02-2014, 05:12 PM
So I think that I'm ready then really as for crawling around on my hands and knees I don't think I'll be doing that as I'm six months pregnant lol thanks for the advice. I've just got to clean my house from top to bottom now and make sure I have all my I D and paper work ready on the day. Getting exited now !!

PeekABoos
01-03-2014, 01:06 AM
So I think that I'm ready then really as for crawling around on my hands and knees I don't think I'll be doing that as I'm six months pregnant lol thanks for the advice. I've just got to clean my house from top to bottom now and make sure I have all my I D and paper work ready on the day. Getting exited now !!

Ha ha yeah maybe take a rain check on that then or get the hubby too ;) lol

Good luck Hun sure you will do fine. It's so daunting but exciting too :-) xxx