PDA

View Full Version : Ideas please

Sarahj2012
28-02-2014, 08:07 AM
Good morning ladies, I was wondering if you could help me, This month I'm doing a topic on spring. I have plenty of ideals for 3 and 4 year olds to cover the 7 areas of learning but next week I have a 1 year old starting and struggling a bit. Has anyone got any ideas on how i can link p&d, c&l and psed to a spring topic for a 1 year old. Thank you x

sarah707
01-03-2014, 08:34 PM
It's not appropriate to follow themed activities with little ones - your planning for young children needs to focus on their individual needs and interests.

You can share books with the little ones, plan a spring themed treasure basket, taken them to the farm to see the spring lambs, look at flowers and new shoots in the garden etc - so spring means something to them - but their main activities will be based around their care and individual learning :D

moggy
01-03-2014, 08:42 PM
I agree with Sarah, no point in themes for young ones, they just do not get it!

If it is the baby's first week I would be 100% concentrated on getting them settled, working out the new routine, sleeping/eating, seeing how they fit with other children, getting to know them, lots of quiet time sitting together, time in a sling to build a feeling of security. I would not be trying to cover any Areas with the baby in the first week, just loads of obs and spending time on bonding and building an attachment.

Planning for future weeks then will follow naturally as you get to know the new one's abilities and interests.

LG2014
01-03-2014, 08:53 PM
I think it really nice you want to include them ib theme you doing.

Could you do hand print painting of flower for mothers day coming up soon?

Farm trip to see animals etc xx

I do agree though first week is getting child to adjust to you and settle in xx

Sarahj2012
02-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Thank you for all your ideas but this is where I get confused, when I had my pre reg visit I was talking to the inspecter about topics and she said to me when you do a topic remember to include all the children whatever their ages. I said to her that would be impossible as a young baby wouldn't understand, the inspector replied every activity that I do I must be able to link it to all the childrens ages whether their 1 or 4. I felt so silly posting this question as I knew I couldn't include such a little one. X